Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y’all! My boyfriend currently has a black 2015 focus that is having some issues! I’ve read a few posts that have helped us with the issue but haven’t exactly told us which part needs replaced! He recently replaced the battery and everything was fine up until a week or so ago. His windshield wipers just started going when he was driving. They were going even when the car was completely off. Then if they weren’t on, they didn’t work at all. We read that the bms needed changed but when we search the part two different kinds show up. Any help on which part we need or if there’s something else we need to do?

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,621 Posts
Both of the items you show are not the BMS. If the connector is corroded at the battery, that might need to be replaced. However, since the battery was recently replaced, then it could be just a matter of resetting the BMS. This video might be correct for your car, if not look for another video that shows how to reset the BMS.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Correction, I was looking at the connector in 2nd your photo. The BMS module is what is on the battery cable to the left.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Here is a thread that might help you out. I have not read thru it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts