Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Iphone 4 and a BlackBerry Bold.

Does not matter what phone I use people tell me that I'm breaking in and out and it's hard to hear me.

Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, no but one other person had a issue that road noise was drowning out their voice.
Chris

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Never had an issue here unless the other person was also on their hands free in the car, then we just have to talk a little louder.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yes, they tell me that there is alot of background noise, I can hear them fine.

I think alot of road noise is not being filtered by the microphone. When I stop the car they can then hear me.

Motorola Droid.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My wifes Focus is the same way with the background noise. My dad's F150 with Sync and mine truck with a Kenwood deck all sound the same.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I usually have to ask my wife if she is in the car because the voice quality over the bluetooth is just as good as the phone to her ear.

The only issue is if she has the windows open then there will be some interference.

iPhone 4 for both of us BTW.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I have an iPhone 4 only so I can't speak to the Blackberry but I have never had a problem. People know I'm hands-free because they say it sounds a little hollow but no break-ups and they can hear me without me raising my voice. I know this because when I first got the car, I guess I was subconciously assuming I'd have to raise my voice and after about the third "Why are you talking so loud?" comment, I realized I didn't have to.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the same problem. Almost everyone I speak to complains about how loud the background noise is. Is there something wrong with my setup or is that just the way all the Focuses are? I wonder if there's a way to upgrade the mic.

·
Registered
200 Posts
When I'm in the car, I usually ask my colleagues, how do I sound. On this setup, iPhone 4 and MFT, it'll always clear. Maybe some cars have a loose mic connection???

·
Registered
800 Posts
When I'm in the car, I usually ask my colleagues, how do I sound. On this setup, iPhone 4 and MFT, it'll always clear. Maybe some cars have a loose mic connection???
I was thinking something similar, the mic may be loose and picking up the vibrations from it's mount. maybe that would cause excessive noise in some cars and not others?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
My wifes Focus is the same way with the background noise. My dad's F150 with Sync and mine truck with a Kenwood deck all sound the same.
^^this

Road/wind noise at highway speeds is doing this in every make and model car eqipped with a bluetooth connection that goes through the cars mic and speakers.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
hmmm... i use the phone via bt in the car all the time and ive not had anyone complain to me about sound quality and i certainly haven't had problems hearing others. I do, however keep the windows closed when talking on the phone...

·
Registered
16 Posts
people usually rave about how clear i sound ... iphone 3gs

try talking toward the mic.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Mine has been fine for the month or so that I've owned the car... until Monday, when I called my wife and she said she heard nothing but static. Tried ending the call and redialing a couple times to confirm it was the car - static every time. Turned the Bluetooth off on my phone and talked to her through the phone mic/speaker and it was clear as day again.

Maybe it's time for a MFT/Sync fuse-pull reset? Has anyone else had to do that for Bluetooth reasons?

·
Registered
967 Posts
I have the opposite problem - people tell me I'm too clear and loud...lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
No problems here either. No MFT, and HTC Surround.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes, I have this too. if it is a business call (which most are) or my wife, I have to switch to the handset, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of the hands-free phone now doesn't it? Maybe I will ask them to check the mic connection at my next service appt. I have the Blackberry Torch.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
I know I will be scorned, tarred and feathered, and called a heretic and blasphemer for saying this, but I look forward to the day cel phone signals are blocked from moving vehicles, so people can get back to what they were doing before they decided to talk on their damn phones, i.e. driving.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I know I will be scorned, tarred and feathered, and called a heretic and blasphemer for saying this, but I look forward to the day cel phone signals are blocked from moving vehicles, so people can get back to what they were doing before they decided to talk on their damn phones, i.e. driving.
HAHA I'm with you on that one Brother! And think of how much less issues we would have on this board if we didn't have to worry about all these connection issues! I've never had an issue with mine because I don't use it. Wouldn't know if it works or not....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts