Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my new head unit with Bluetooth and was wondering where people have mounted the external mic. I'm looking for best possible reception so callers on the other end pick me up loud and clear. Anybody had any good success with a particular location?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I put mine on the a post by the front driver door. I've seen some mounted to the sun visor too. But it always looked tacky to me with the extra wire hanging out from the a post when you mount it to the visor

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mine's mounted to the sun visor. I concealed the wire through the little sun visor bracket, into the roof material, down the pillar, then through the dash to my deck. No holes anywhere. The only exposed wire is a good 1 inch from the mic to allow the visor to be pulled down without destroying the wire. Almost looks like stock equipment.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After reading reviews of where to place the mic on all different kinds of cars i ended putting up near the top of the A-pillar. I did not want any wires showing so i ran the mic behind the gauge cluster and up the A-pillar. The mic had a clip to clip on the visor so i just kept it on and clipped it to the plastic. Of course the clip is to big but with the window behind it it seems to be staying in place. I may put a little rubber circle up there to make it a snug fit, we'll see. As for now it looks great you wouldn't even notice it if you didn't know it was there. Callers on the other end have said it sounds great. 1 1/2 hrs to install radio and mic, with wiring up the harnesses the night before. I am very pleased. What can i say, crutchfield sets you up with everything you need to make it happen quick.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
I put mine right over the rearview mirror, it's out of sight and people can hear me, I haven't had a complaint. I think the 08-11 sync Focus mic is in the rearview mirror so it seems logical that it would work there.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
Mine is on the a-pillar and I do not like the sound it has. I will be moving it to the top of the steering stack when I have the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts