Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just ordered a new Ford Focus and because it only costed me an extra 3 euro's I ordered it with a Bluetooth kit.

I had 2 choices, a bluetooth kit without console and one with console. Ofcourse, I ordered the one WITH console.

At the moment I am only wondering, is there any documentation about this option? I cant find a description of this kit and what it CAN do. I read something about voice-control of your audio/climate control etc, but where can I get a full list ?

Also, I don't have an ordinairy Nokia phone, but a Windows Mobile one, so is this gonna work?

I hope someone can help me out.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
bluetooth kit??? wow!!! [:D] Let us know when you find out what all it can do....I personally haven't heard about it so I can't help ya out...sorry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, ofcourse I will find out the minute I get my car (damnit, why does it take 5 to 8 weeks to ship one to me), but as enthousiastic as I am, I would like to know all the details now ;).

I heard the following things :
- Created by Nokia
- It synchronizes with your addressbook in your phone
- You can see the caller details and stuff on your little board-computer display
- It can do voice commands, but in what way, I dont know. I hope it is a bit star trek like :) "Computer engage!" and then my turbo jumps on :p

·
Registered
571 Posts
I would think its all for the phone, like you can leave your BT phone in your pocket, and when someone calls it kills the radio and you can just say something out loud to answer it. Then its all speaker phone and what not.

I bet your right with the console, that it shows caller info and junk. This stuff has been around for a while, but that its available factory on a focus is pretty damn cool!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I looked at my order sheet again and it states : Bluetooth / Voice Control Kit.

The phone also needs a phone specific holder, which is ofcourse not included.. Why would it .. on a car of around 30.000 euros. *sigh*

·
Forced to move on...
6,916 Posts
Yeah that kinda sucks that you dont have a holder for your phone. However, I use the cupholder on the driver's side and it works just fine! What kind of phone do you have if you dont mind me asking?

My friend has the bluetooth kit in his car, and its awesome! We're riding down the road, the radio turns off, and it says "incoming call from <insert name>" and he just said ok and it answers and goes through the speakers in the car. You can also push one button (his is right under his steering wheel) and say "call <insert name>" and its awesome!

Now I'm not sure if you'll have to set the voice names on your phone or not first, but I would suppose so.

Thats awesome. Congrats on the new car and good luck with it all [:)]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got an HTC Wizard phone, it's pretty easy to use so I am hoping that I dont have to switch to nokia again to make it work with my car.

Well it isn't to much of a problem when I have to set every voice name. Only I am wondering if it saves them IN the car or in the phone.

·
Registered
571 Posts
It would be in the phone. BT isnt anything model specific, its a standard, so it should work with any BT compatible phone. You may have to switch the phone to car mode (I have a motorolla and you have to enable the car mode for it to work right).

But ya, everything is in the phone still, the cars BT stuff just uses the phone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts