Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought myself a pair of projector Halo lights that have blue l.e.d.s on them [:)]. http://www.amazon.com/00-Ford-Focus...S3JQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1309968293&sr=8-3 <= there is a pic of it. Can anybody tell me how to wire ( just in case) so that the blue l.e.d.s are only on when the car is in park? Because in minnesota, it is illegal to have these on while the car is moving. I have a 2001 Ford Focus SE and I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere for this.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Could always just run a manual switch, so that you can turn them on and off whenever you want. Its an option.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought myself a pair of projector Halo lights that have blue l.e.d.s on them [:)]. http://www.amazon.com/00-Ford-Focus...S3JQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1309968293&sr=8-3 <= there is a pic of it. Can anybody tell me how to wire ( just in case) so that the blue l.e.d.s are only on when the car is in park? Because in minnesota, it is illegal to have these on while the car is moving. I have a 2001 Ford Focus SE and I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere for this.
Check for a blue/white wire at drivers side fuse box. It should be ground when in park. If it is just wire the hot side of the lights to ign. and ground to the blue/white wire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could always just run a manual switch, so that you can turn them on and off whenever you want. Its an option.
Thats the route that I want to go. I have no idea how to create a switch for it though. Willing to learn... Can anybody draw a diagram for me to show how to do it?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I would tie them into your parking lights. Put the power wire on the power of the parking light and put the ground on the ground of the parking light. No need to wire and add another (for me) toggle switch in the car.

Sent from my BlackBerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts