Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive had this problem before but i understand that there is a home remedy with baking soda and water...but water on a battery?? any ppl try this or have another idea as to how to destroy this smurg colonization on my battery before it eats through my wires or something...thanks

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
yeah I have a little bit of that on our 05 expidition. If someone can tell us what it is it might be helpful.

I personaly think it just some corrosion.

·
Registered
549 Posts
yes, it is corrosion. go to the local parts store and grab some terminal spray. you can also buy the little foam rings that go under your terminal that prevents this. they also sell a spray that cleans this crap off.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Yeah water and baking soda, it neutralizes the acid on the terminal. Just coat the terminals with grease that will keep them from corroding.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
pee on it while its running, that will help

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
yup, clean with water and baking soda and then get the spray can of battery terminal sealer, it's red and works wonders

·
Registered
265 Posts
I worked at a shop. Don't get the foam things, the acid will eat thru them and it will still show up. And yes, WATER IS SAFE to use on a battery. Just get some Baking soda, pour some of it on there and rinse it with water. It will work just fine, just make sure you clean it all off! Don't just think cuz you put the baking soda on there and rinsed it with water it's gone, actually scrub it with a rag or something. Then go to autozone or napa or someplace and get Battery Terminal Protectant Spray..It's red as mentioned above and it seals the battery terminals pretty well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts