Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I give my car a little bit of gas and get up to about 3500 rpms there is a really high pitched squealing noise, so I went to this muffler shop down the road from me and was told that i had blown my mufflers internals. He said that he would order me another magnaflow muffler and install it for $120. Is this a good deal? My magnaflow is not as loud as i want my exhuast to be, so what should i do?
What would be the loudest:
1) Getting my magnaflow put back on
2) Getting a pipe welded in the mufflers place, the tip cut off and a magnaflow back box put on
3) Getting a pipe welded in the mufflers place, the tip cut off and a flowmaster back box put on
4) Getting a pipe welded in the mufflers place, the tip cut off and a ractive back box put on
All help is appreciated. I really need to know because he placed the order today and if I want to get something else I'll have to change it by tomorrow.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was going to get dual back boxes put on my sedan because i have the xenon rear and I think it would look better with duals but he said he couldn't do it that the right one would just be a dummy. Does anybody know how to make this work because im not going to pay for one to look pretty.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
flowmaster will prob be the cheapest, and a nice 3 chamber would sound good where the muffler is, and may be the loudest...if you get a box on the back, whenever i see you i will call u duh_ricer. dun want that now do we :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright. thanks for the input i guess it would be pretty ricey. is the flowmaster going to be louder and deeper than the magnaflow or just cost cheaper.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i went to bigexhaust.com and the flowmaster 40 series exhaust is $21.10 cheaper than the magnaflow. I'm not really worried about 20 bux, i just want the loudest one. Anybody with a flowmaster have a comment?

·
Registered
697 Posts
duh_racer, i got the xenon kit too. thought what your htinking for a split seconed....*pictuered it*, naw its nasty it'd be fine if we had v8's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts