Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got another focus and the blower motor only works on 4, This sounds to me like the resistor is blown.

Does anyone know where it is located? Is there a how to on fixing this? Is this a common issue?

Sorry this is on an 01 ZX3

·
Banned
589 Posts
It's probly te switch on the backside of the fan knob. Same thing happened to me, I picked up a new hvac from a junk yard for like $20 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would go with the resistor.. that happened to me and it was the resistor

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
The resistor is located behind the Glovebox

-Empty Glove box
-pinch sides (Glovebox) so it unhooks and you can gain access to behind it
-it will be on the lower Left side, they are sometimes Blue/Black or Grey, it will also have a single plug with 6 wires attached to the wall of the main heater duct

a single philips screw holds it in place

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Yep that would be it ^.^

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, now if i can only find out why my stereo wont turn on ill be doing ok lol. Ill make another thread for that.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Aftermarket or Stock.. aswell as does your cigarette lighter work, did you check the fuses

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It has power, everything has power, Its just displaying --:-- on the screen. I think its done for.

Thankfully i got the single din install kit from my first focus in a closet somewhere. I was just hoping to keep it stock for a while.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Hrmm the stock headunits are notorious for loosing there RX (receiving) chip but never seen a headunit dash out

Hrmm need to look into that

·
Turbo Freak
2,193 Posts
my head unit got dashed out before all i did was hold the eject botton, then it ejected all the CD's and i was kool.
i think my chnger was f===ed up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts