Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang...so the story goes for some reason, oil got past the pistons and wrecked my engine. So now i have a 2003 SVT with a crapped out engine. I looked at buying a used one but they want about 2000 bucks here at the wrecker and you can buy a whole SVT off of ebay for around 4g, so that dosent make much sense. Any ideas what I can do about this? if im dropping 3-5g on a engine I may as well look at options for the 5.0. Another thing is can I down grade? I mean can i drop a dohc from another focus in there?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Don't down grade. You will find one for a grand. I did. But I also paid 450 for shipping. Just keep looking.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
rebuild it with aftermarket stuff....or do you want a pull old out, put new in, and drive away?

·
Registered
13 Posts
There was a whole wrecked svt w/ good engine trans and a bunch of other good parts on ebay for 1600 a few days ago. If I would have had 1600 I would of bought it. You can find the engines on ebay for under 1k. Do you need the whole engine or just the block?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mechanic said for cost/speed it would be be better just to swap the engine out complete. The rebuilds were more expensive than the used/salvage ones. Ive been watching ebay but never saw that one you mentioned for 1600...but ya, i figured hell for that price may as well just buy the whole care and part it out, but that opens up a new realm of BS inc storage and garbage like that. I thought about the 5.0 conversion but I have no clue about costs for these. 5.0 mustang engines are pretty cheap, so the thought intrigued me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need the whole engine the mechanic said...well he said it would be cheaper to just replace than to rebuild...

·
Registered
216 Posts
hahah i knowe how it its man..mine svt took a crap too haha for some odd reason it just started misfiring and then -silence-...so i just chose to rebuild it with aftermarket pistons and rods...and little turbo..I didnt wanna buy a used engine couse you never know was it mantained right or is it bout to go boom too so thats my 2 cents

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys I am in the same category I just want to put a regulat zetec in my svt I bought another car what would I have to do to fit a regular zetec into my svt and will the trans bolt up?

·
Registered
216 Posts
zetec engine will only work if you have zetec ecu and harnes..there is something different between svt and zetec electricaly

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I say get you another SVT to drive daily, and make this one into a track slut. have a DD, and make the one you have now super rigid and gnarly for a weekend warrior (that is finances willing)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Get a used Zetec block and bore it, then stuff her with forged internals, blueprint, race bearings, balance, and maybe even rock a turbo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts