Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey my name is Ryan and im new to all of this so im sorry for the dumb question. i have a procharger supercharger on my focus and i just bought a hks ssqv bov. i welded to the intercooler piping before the MAF and after the charger, i hooked the vacuum line into the rusty oval thing by the fuel rail, and when i shift hard, i dont hear the bov. my question is, is this vacuum hooked up right? if not where should it go? (pics would help me out the most) thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i would give you pics, but they wont help you much, since i have a roush turbo kit, nothing like a procharge im sure. good luck wth that, though

·
Registered
523 Posts
i dont have a pic, but i hooked my blow-off vacuum up on the firewall on the passenger's side. you should be able to find it pretty easy.

·
Registered
523 Posts
w/ the procharger and vortech you can use a blow-off valve. just not the root style s/c's.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
the way I see it is that you can't hear the sound because you aren't venting it to the atmosphere. You have the BOV vacuum hose connected back to the intake, so the vacuumed air is going to your intake not hitting the air to create the "blow-off" sound. Or you might not be creating enought intake pressure to push the spring in the BOV. What psi-rated spring are you using?

·
Registered
441 Posts
it kinda sounds like your not hooked into an actual vacume line. or that, as kenpokid said you have to high of a spring in your BOV. Make sure your running off of a manifold vacum line or a split that came from the manifold and then you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Also, usually supercharger setups don't really need a BOV. Yes, it is centrifigal, it acts like a turbo, but the Procharger systems has its own bypass valve/vacuum built into it. It doesn't come with a BOV, because it really doesnt need it. So you are probably not getting a lot of pressure in your intake pipe because of vacuum system in the superchager unit doing its job. If you want the sound, go with a real low rated psi spring.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, i tapped into this vacuum line on this black box on the passenger side firewall and now i hear the bov. i never vented it back into the intake, im guessin where i had it before, the vacuum wasnt strong enough, now it sounds too awesome with the whine of the s/c and the "pshh" (lol) of the bov. thanks guys, ive always read forums about things and you guys are too good. uve helped me out too much, thanks again! where are u guys from ne ways? im from chicago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts