Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello focus fans !
I went on a 6000 km trip to my native homeland and my 1.8 tddi ford focus ran perfectly (she even touched 180 kmph). 1 week after this i go for a ride and the light which usualy means that the tip of the injector is warming up starts flashing so i pull over and turn the engine off, then i turn on the engine on and it doesn't flash anymore. i get up to 1,5k rpm and it starts blinking again that crazy light but now it goes down to 800rpm with the accelerator all the way down.So i stop, wait, restart the engine, and she acts like nothing happened... It's ridiculous i dont even know what to tell the mechanic.
Should i be concerned ? That is... more concerned than i am now. By the way my engine also does that whirling noise everyone is writting about on forums but only bellow its normal running temperature (which is, thanks to ford's ingenuity the temp needle pointing directly upwards ).

·
Registered
103 Posts
We don't have the turbo diesel Focus here in the USA, so you might have to wait for an anserw from someone in Europa. Just by the sound of your disciption it sound like the Turbo has gone away because you mentioned a "whirling noise"

Rick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The turbo works fine, maybe even 2 good (did i mention that she can do 0-100kmph in 10 seconds and 180 kmph top? thats an 8 year-old 90 hp no commonrail diesel, talk about crfatmanship) Isn't that weird ? No Focus diesels in the US from that time? I might consider not going to the US anymore, because it would just be me and every trucker at the diesel pump. [screwy]
I actulay had it looked at and the guy in the blue jumpsuit said that it was a computer glitch... somehow the ECU thought the engine had no oil inside it or somethig like that and the whirling noise was a punctured tube(of what he never said but there you go 180 euros for precisely 60 mins of 'work' )
Thank you! and lol on the no diesels in the US again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts