Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My girlfriend owns a 2000 Ford Focus. The blinker works fine except for it will not turn itself off after the steering wheel is turned back to straight. It just keeps blinking. She said that she heard a pop while in a turn and the steering wheel locked up and she could not turn it back to straight for a second, then it became normal again.

Is there some sort of blinker device near the column that could be checked??

For now, the blinker just has to be turned off by hand. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
The whole signal light arm pulls out (very easily) though the top of the steering column. There's two parts to the plastic cover for the steering column and two tabs (one on each side) of the column that you push in and it'll separate the plastic cover. I swear, the signal and washer setup are like 'LEGO' as you literally just pull them upwards, they are not wired in or anything, just with tabs like a fuse.

You can pick up a new one extremely cheap anywhere, junkyards, and check with www.focussalvage.com also.

Anyone can fix this, probably a 5 minute repair. Chances are the switch inside broke (plastic) so you'll need a brand new one.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If it's a 2000, it's more than likely the clock spring. Mine's been replace 3 times now for failing and not canceling the turn signals. Annoying, but covered under Ford's parts warrenty all 3 times. There is a TSB on this.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi. Thanks for the information, everyone.

dchoward1977, was yours initially replaced under warranty? Her warranty ran out already.

I have seen the TSB header information, but not the complete TSB. Will they replace it or is it just a general info TSB?

Thanks!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, again, does the airbag have to come off to change the clock spring? Does the steering wheel have to come off? I have a steering wheel puller, but not an air bag reinflator. :)

Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts