Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I am going to attempt to change out my pads and rotars. The ones I have now are shot to hell.

Anyways, I did my research on the how to forums...however, I am somewhat confused about bleeding the brake lines. I know the reasone why you have to do that I just am not to sure how exactly it's done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You'll want to start from the wheel farthest away from the brake resevoir, typically the rear right.
1.Open resevoir and make sure it's full.(If it drops low enough at any point in the procedure it will suck in air and you'll have to start over.
2.Pump brakes to pressurize system.
3.Have someone hold brake pedal down all the way, while you loosen the bleeder valve(yours shouldn't be seized because it's not that old, but older cars may want to heat the valve up so as not to brake it)
4. When you loosen the valve bubbles of air and brake fluid should come out. (Make sure your partner is still holding the brake pedal down.)
5. After a second or two of fluid close the valve and then have your partner pump the brakes again.
6.Repeat steps 3-5 about 2 more times(Until fluid w/o bubbles comes out immediatly)
7.Remember to check your brake fluid.
8.Move to the next rear wheel and do the same.
9.Then to the front right and then the opposite front left.

Have fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts