Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My Blaupunkt just blew (yea, i know, it sucks[dunno]) and I need a new head unit. I'm working out a deal as we speak with a guy that has a 6 disk from an SVT and it's a real good deal.

I was just wondering if it was doable in the sense that it'll just be a plug and play. Do I need new connectors? Do I need something special to hook it up? Or do I just plug it up and play it.

ANSWERS PEOPLE!!! ANSWERS!!!!![rant]

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello??? Bump for answers. I need some help on this one guys!

·
Registered
240 Posts
no answers yet? let me know how many pins does your stereo have in the back or i can send you the pics so you can match them..

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, nothing yet. That would be awesome if you could send some pics. or just post them on here. There are 3 hook ups on the back of it...... if that helps......

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
down

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
eh........ nothing like that....... more like this.....

·
Registered
240 Posts
umm im pretty sure u can buy a pigtail for dirt cheap and hard wire it to the 9006 with no problem man but thats up 2 you..it can be done its like wiring a aftermarket h/u to the wires without the adaptors.

·
Registered
433 Posts
It is not a plug and play style thing. The Blaupunkt has a special harness that does not match any of the other head units. I think focushacks has a how to on how to make a harness that will make it so you can plug and play.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
........ I'm just so confused....... I think I'm just going to go aftermarket....... I'm going to post another Thread for suggestions......

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ah You'll need an 86 vw passat harness, I'm not joking. I work at Best Buy, and had an install on my gf's focus, we went from the blau punkt deck to a pioneer DEH 4000 I think's the number, and we needed two harness's the one that goes into the back of the unit is a 80's vw harness. Go use their install guide, its free and will reccommend the parts you need. iIs simple and easy. Not to mention I paid dirt cheap for the harness, it came out to a dollar with employee discount and its like five bucks. You'll need a new antenna adaptor as well, its probably $8 or so.

The car is a silver 03 ZTS with 75k on it 5 Speed with the blaupunkt audio system with that deck in it and a dash kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts