Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2003 Focus came with the Blaupunkt CD/MP3 stereo. When it's in radio mode, the seek buttons (the left and right arrows) are supposed to move the tuner to the next station up or down the dial, and the scan button should play a few seconds of every station it can find. But when mine is set to FM, these buttons just send the radio scanning through the entire band, stopping at each station for perhaps 1/3 of a second without any sound coming out, then zooming on to the next one. When the radio is in AM, these functions work correctly.

I told the service department about it yesterday when I brought the car in for its 1,000 mile checkup. They said they hadn't seen this before, and of course they couldn't fix it, so they removed it to send it in for replacement. I told my salesman about it and talked him into testing the radio in another Focus on the lot with me -- and it did the same thing!

I was glad to know mine wasn't the only one in the world that does this, as I haven't seen the problem described on any Focus discussion groups. Has anyone here seen this?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Mine did the same thing 'til I turned off the PTY search function in the Audio menu. It looks for stations broadcasting this signal and skips all others. Mine never stopped scanning because there are probably no stations in my area using this feature.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine does the same thing in PTY. I think this feature is a little ahead of the times, because most radio stations haven't adopted this feature. Sometimes I can pick up cable radio, or some stations broadcast the song and album title along with the weather and current traffic, along with other BS. Cool when you find a station set up for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts