Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I havnt done much yet, so this may be a little thin.

The day I bought her and traded in my 2003 pitch black zx3.

Stats: 2012 Oxford white, Ford Focus SE hatch, sports pack, 203A tech package in a beautiful 5 speed.

She was one of (if not THE) last white SE hatch with a five speed and tech pack in the state. She had to be driven up from Southern California.

Two days after I bought her I had tint installed. 20% all the way around. I found the front windows to be a tad too dark for my taste. So I recently had the front tint redone to 40% and love it.

At about 1800 miles I installed some Eibach Sportlines. Dropped it about 1.5"s

Before and after. (Not fully settled)

Plastidiped my wheels and added hood stripes.

I wanted a blacked out roof. So I tried plastidip.

It ended up being streaky and look great from far but far from great. But it confirmed that I NEEDED a blacked out roof. So I had a professional install a carbon fiber vinyl roof wrap.

Then I started my epic stereo pursuit. I bought the "movewell" Chinese unit on Amazon.

I Installed two 12" kicker comps and a amplifier with custom mount.
Ran the power cable behind the battery box (pain) and completed the install with the theme of "what wires?"

I added a back up camera.

Then I plugged in the movewell unit annnnnnd nothing. Totally dead. Sent it back and they refused to send me a replacement and just refunded my money.
So I bought the "newerstone" Chinese unit from amazon.

Installed it. And it actually powered up.

And everything worked but the radio reception and the steering wheel controls. So I took it back out and bought a Line out Converter made by PAC, and installed it. I'm sending the newerstone unit back.

I bought yellow fog bulbs made by Hella.

More to come!

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08
6,895 Posts
Hmmm - something's missing LOL

Great stuff pioneering / guinea pigging the head units [pray]

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Changed the look of my car this weekend.
Added a red ST wing, Side stripes, a new hood and grille design. I modeled it after this car

But added my own twist.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here is a couple of process pics.

So I quickly learned that the red plastidip behaves very different than the black. It applies thin and runs easily and drys slower. This created problems for me. If you don't remove the tape while the plastidip is still wet, the dip will peal up with the tape leaving a crappy edge. This makes multiple coats difficult. I found the with the black a nice even thick coat looks nice, esp. on horizontal surfaces. It is a little more difficult on the vertical surfaces. If I were to do it again, I would have done the red separately from the black because they dry at different rates. Thus the reason why I had to redo the red on the hood. If you plan to do a similar design, do one color at a time, and one section at a time. (Ie. do the hood, and then the grille. Since the red is thinner and dries slower you can apply multiple smooth coats and take a little but more time before you peal off the tape. If it starts to pull up, hold a Credit card against the edge to hold it in place. And lastly give yourself a fair amount of time. I ran out of time and had to work at night. Now I have to redo stuff I shouldn't have to redo. Ill answer any questions you have. Oh and I eyeballed everything with the help of my awesome wife.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Changed my car again. Out with this
in with this

Bojix style. . . . For now. Lol.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Just subbing [thumb]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I sold my SE today because I bought an ST on Saturday!

Here is the sisters next to each other!

I removed the Spyder headlights, wheels and ST wing and sold her to a really nice young girl.

Now I own this beautiful beast!

And I just named her Bell because of (beautiful beast).

Bell is a 2013 Ford Focus ST3 with 11,700 miles.
She has been wonderfully modified with the following;

Cobb Front mount intercooler
Cobb cold air intake
Cobb cat back exhaust
Cobb rear motor mount
Mountune Short throw shifter kit
H&R Lowering springs

Rally Armor Mud flaps
Wheel spacers
Gloss black vinyl roof and front bumper
Clear bra on bumper, headlights, trunk sill and inner door handles.
Tint on all windows.

I will try and get some better pictures of her soon.

My styluz 18"s will be swapped over probably tomorrow or Monday.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08
6,895 Posts
[headbang]

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Brad, how you liking the ST3 lights?!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Brad, how you liking the ST3 lights?!

They are amazing! Very bright and good cutoffs. And the turning lamps are really really cool. The leds are really bright and look great. I want to see if I can upgrade the turning lamp bulbs with brighter ones. I have also seen a thread on the st forum of someone who upgrades the bulbs in the HID's as well. Might do that also. But right now they are amazing.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I'm sure! Ford dude a superb job with their lights!

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08
6,895 Posts
They are amazing! Very bright and good cutoffs. And the turning lamps are really really cool. The leds are really bright and look great. I want to see if I can upgrade the turning lamp bulbs with brighter ones. I have also seen a thread on the st forum of someone who upgrades the bulbs in the HID's as well. Might do that also. But right now they are amazing.
Hadn't considered brighter turning bulbs, they're on for such a short time. Interested to see results [thumb]

I'm sure! Ford dude a superb job with their lights!
LOL @ Ford dude.[hihi]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts