Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so

once again i have a 08 s coupe (vista blue)

im thinkin of blackin out the grille (with a black grill mesh), then painting the chrome piece black.
with the lights....ill be using the tint film meant for your lights (so the brightness is the same) this will be done to both head and tail lights (brake tail light too)

The point:
if i put in some legal purple/ blue HID bulbs, will they still have the same effect?? ie, brightness, quality, and of course the HID color?

newbie here to just cars in general lol cut me some slack.
reply soon!!
pics, links, and tips all useful!!
thnx guys
and gals (btw all us chick should start our own krew! im game!)

·
Registered
116 Posts
well, there is a such thing as To much color, where you louse your light out put. if your darkning the lense, and want a brighter bulb.. do you have HID's? or want a HID simulation bulb?

Silver star ultra's... my preff.. good light, dosnt blind the other drivers. Nokya's are slick to but becarefull of wattage and heat they put out..
have to be carefull about how bright (watts) because of the heat of a halogen/ HID imitation bulb because the brighter you get, the hotter they get.

HID's on the other hand run "cold" compared.
with these.. a larger K rating for light... (7K's are nice) but i believe you have to increase your ballast resistor...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Use Laminex to tint your lights. You can get it from focus sport. It goes on easy and after a few days of curing, it is nice and clear (except it is tinted) and it doen't really affect the brightness of your lights near as much as if you were to cover it. Check my taillights out at cardomain.com

The other pages show the lights on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts