Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright you guys. I'm trying my hardest to find some blacked out wheels with a blue lip to match my vista blue focus. Any suggestions? Or maybe suggestions as to another style/color all together?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I don't know how well this would work. But you could check with a gun shop for blue-ing agent. The stuff they put on guns to 'blue' them up. Think its a special kind of metal dye. But, get an experienced opinion 1st yes?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SOCOnFocus, I think the agent your talking about only alters Iron. Though I could be wrong. Also, I don't think it would give me a rich blue. Again I could be wrong

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Well I sure as heck don't know! 8-P. Gun shop might not know either come to think of it (we just sell it, we don't know how it works). An come to think of it. I would imagine the wheel is clear coated, which would prevent any 'metal' dye from working anyway... (duh!).

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Buy some spray cans from an automotive store. That way, it can be color matched to your cars paint!
Thats prob you best option. But I would not use a spray can as they tend to spit. What about air brush if thats a possiblity? A small one with compressor is less than $100. There mainly volume limited, but for the application would that be a concern? Could it also be used to apply a new clear coat?

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
i'm still thinking the vinyl is the best option. not as permanent or durable as paint, but easier, cheaper, and can be replaced every so often if need be.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I guess I don't know vinyl then. The lip is problematic to my thinking. And how do you get it to adhere? or survive a car wash? education needed on my part. 8-r

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Vinyl will last just fine. And you can find a color to match your car. I have vinyl lips on my wheels and the carwash spray gun does nothing to them.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Vinyl will last just fine. And you can find a color to match your car. I have vinyl lips on my wheels and the carwash spray gun does nothing to them.
I need a pic please. I have never seen vinyl applied as you describe. If you could when convenient.
Thanks.
(Also where did you get it from?)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts