Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tinted or bought blacked out side markers? if you bought them where did you buy them from? Ive been thinking of picking up some just dont know what kind everyone gets!

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I just chopped them off. lol

But before that, I had them blacked out using nightshade like was said above.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just plasti dipped them, whole 2 min job. Light is still a little visible, and no problems with it.

·
Registered
675 Posts
You talking about the ones in the side of the font bumper cover?

·
So mote be it
8,905 Posts
ebay is actually not a bad place to find sidemarkers... although half of them have a clear lens but with black backings so they appear blacked out. So mine are actually clear (you can see an example in my album.) If you go clear, buy yellow bulbs for them.

anything from 00-07 will fit, or just black yours out yourself. They can be a little tricky to install/remove the old ones though.

·
Registered
211 Posts

What mine look like after i took some plasti-dip to them.

Ill take a pic tonight of what they look like with the lights on.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
ebay is actually not a bad place to find sidemarkers... although half of them have a clear lens but with black backings so they appear blacked out. So mine are actually clear (you can see an example in my album.) If you go clear, buy yellow bulbs for them.

anything from 00-07 will fit, or just black yours out yourself. They can be a little tricky to install/remove the old ones though.

The Bay FTW

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just did mine today with nightshade. might go a shade or two darker and i have yet to clear coat or polish them at all.

·
Registered
675 Posts
That looks good although my car is white so looks good with them yellow.

·
FUBARCUS
7,768 Posts
before:

after:

I used black spray paint on the grill and nightshade on the bumper lights.

·
Registered
675 Posts
That looks great on a dark coloured car!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts