Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dang I'd get em but I'm skeptical as to whether they're the Ti or a custom bake n' paint job on oem head headlights

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you read the post it states they were taken off of a brand new Titanium as the titanium is the only vehicle which comes with them. It appears a person bought a Titanium and wanted the chrome look to go with the rest of the vehicle.

Which brings the question on the Titanium you get all this stupid chrome but they give you black out for the headlights, and on the se you get chrome headlights but everything else blacked out.

I wish Ford could have got it together and deleted all chrome on the Titanium not the 50/50 thing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you read the post it states they were taken off of a brand new Titanium as the titanium is the only vehicle which comes with them. It appears a person bought a Titanium and wanted the chrome look to go with the rest of the vehicle.

Which brings the question on the Titanium you get all this stupid chrome but they give you black out for the headlights, and on the se you get chrome headlights but everything else blacked out.

I wish Ford could have got it together and deleted all chrome on the Titanium not the 50/50 thing.
Ford seems a bit schizo about chrome. They consider chrome beltline molding an upgrade over black, but consider black fog lamp surrounds an upgrade over chrome. I also prefer black.

·
Registered
341 Posts
^^ Agreed, and it's totally irritating.

For example, I'd love to buy the SE (gotta have stick) in Sterling Grey with Tuscany Red interior, but think the Sterling Grey looks a lot better with the chrome beltlines of the SEL/Titanium.

So I'll be going with Ingot Silver instead, but will then HAVE to black out the grille and foglight surrounds - and swap in Titanium headlights...

PITA!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
^^ Agreed, and it's totally irritating.

For example, I'd love to buy the SE (gotta have stick) in Sterling Grey with Tuscany Red interior, but think the Sterling Grey looks a lot better with the chrome beltlines of the SEL/Titanium.

So I'll be going with Ingot Silver instead, but will then HAVE to black out the grille and foglight surrounds - and swap in Titanium headlights...

PITA!
Just balanace out the chrome with window tint!

·
Registered
459 Posts
The Focus looks too bland without the chrome imho.

I do prefer the blacked out lights though.

I don't think it makes a difference whether there's chrome on the rest of the car.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, actually, in the UK, Ford consider chrome headlights as a upgrade over the black ones. Black is fitted to the Zetec and the Titanium but chrome HID's are fitted to the Titanium X, as seen by my profile image...
Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts