Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of painting my HID's black and I think getting some side markers with a black housing would complete the look but the only ones I can find are like 40 bucks on ebay. A couple months ago I remember seeing them all the time on ebay and now i can only find one seller. Does anyone know where to get them? Also is there anyway to crack open the sidemarkers and paint the housing on them?

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
The way I see it, you have two options.
A. Buy the clear corners and crack them open (I think you can heat it up and the glue will melt, but don't quote me on that) to paint them, or find the black ones, or...
B. Niteshade them.

I like either way but I think niteshading looks cool. Just not on my car, that's why I have the clears. If I had access to some I could tell you if it's glued, but my clears right now look like they are.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Niteshade FTW [:D]

Close up

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
ebay is like that. one week they will have a million sellers selling one item while other weeks u can just find a few. u just have to search on the right week.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I guess I will just keep on the search. I like nightshading too but my car is silver so I think it would be way to much black. If I had a darker car it would look good I really like the look of just the black housing. Thanks for your help though.

·
Registered
298 Posts
they are the jdm side markers. has black housing and they are 40 bucks. there are alot on ebay right now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Karniv04 said:
they are the jdm side markers. has black housing and they are 40 bucks. there are alot on ebay right now.
Yeah I know I said that in my post but spending 40 bucks on tiny sidemarkers does not sound apealing to me. I already have some smoked ones and I only paid 20 bucks for them so I dont understand why these are so much more. Most likely I will just paint the ones i have.

·
Registered
398 Posts
You mentioned that you have HID's, so this is an option also.

The grille lights and the corners have been primered, and shot with flat black. NO light shines through. Since the turn signals are inside the HID's, they are visible from the front and side. I think that it gives a clean yet modified look to it. Definitely makes the car look different at night.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts