Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just joined the forum. Hope you can be of help i have a 2012 focus sel my touch screen went black so i'm guessing the apim has gone bad i located a used unit with the same part number as my apim if i install a used unit will it be plug and play or will i have to go to the dealer to have it programmed to match my vin number? Hugh

·
Registered
2016 535D
303 Posts
Hey I just had the exact same thing happen. I plugged in a used apim but not with the same number so it is not working properly and will have to be programmed. Yours should be plug and play.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is an update on my black screen issue.I was able to find an exact replacement on e bay, matched up the model number to the module in the car. Installed it this morning and it booted right up, as a bonus i now have nav. For $220.00 i'm back in business. It's important to match the model number on the back of the module exactly. Hugh

·
Registered
2016 535D
303 Posts
I have an update for the cheapskates! I bought a non matching apim because it was only $50 and I could not find an exact match. This one was from a focus but with different options. I was able to get it to work after reprogramming it to my vin spec using FORscan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts