Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered 3 cans of this stuff after some research. Pactra RC250 Outlaw Black Lacquer R/C Racing Finish 3oz Spray. They say its a great product for the inside of headlights and tails..... I will keep everyone posted

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tails are going to be bad ass. I'm not doing inside, but rather only spraying the outside section that wraps around the car.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Interesting concept, and not sure how I like it...

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
most definitely, quick photoshop of the idea wouldnt hurt

but remember, even if I dont like it, dont let it stop you from doing it if you like it. its your car, not anyone elses, do what makes you happy.

·
Registered
251 Posts
your concept complicated by the metal accent line ... are you going to black that out as well? changing the shape of the light makes it look like a lot of "other" cars.
I would vote no. why make car look like something else?

·
Registered
92 Posts
your concept complicated by the metal accent line ... are you going to black that out as well? changing the shape of the light makes it look like a lot of "other" cars.
I would vote no. why make car look like something else?
X2 The shape of the lights are everything. rounding it off like that makes it look like an Accent. not my cup-o-tea

·
Registered
321 Posts
Let us know how the headlight process works out. Apparently others have had problems w/ the oven method

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
x3 on the dislike... the car shares enough design elements with the Fiesta, that just tops it off IMO. The odd lights are a staple of the Focus design now. But if you like how it looks, go ahead and do it, don't let us deter you if you like it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thx... Not written in stone yet. Lol. We will see?
As far as the headlights. If they can't be opened easily, u won't see me cutting them open.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I hear you. Not worth the potential damage.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
For folks who don't like to click on links(trust Me, they're out there)

By the way, people have been doing the "Bake n break" to paint headlights interiors and/or do projector retrofits for some time now, it's not that big of a deal. You just have to bake at the proper temperature and pay close attention to what You are doing, is all. If You can eventually afford a second set of headlights(maybe from a local junk yard soon enough), You can practice on those if You're worried about screwing up Your only set, which is quite understandable.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the pics. Once I take the headlights out I can look them over and see if I can split them. Has anyone done the MK3 yet?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts