Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Silver Focus Sedan wheel color?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I am looking at getting some new 18" rims for my Silver Sedan?

Half of me says stay black, the other half of me that spent 10 years in Japan says. Go with the big fat shiny chrome wheels?

Can't make up my mind?

Also, if you have some cool images of silver Focus' you have seen with either. Then please post!

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts

Black and silver on an Ingot Silver ST.

Stock silver ST wheels on a Silver ST.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Chrome??? As much as I hate black wheels....

·
Registered
322 Posts
The 2013 i'm driving came with grey wheels and I replaced them with the polished 17s. My next cars will always have polished or machined wheels. I think machined and clear coated wheels are the sharpest, polished, chrome and silver painted. In that order.

Attachments

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Chrome is hideous. Go gunmetal.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Not black.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
While I am deciding. I decided to spray some metalizer on my current 17" wheels to see how it looks..

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I surprised myself by how much I like those polished chrome wheels driven by fenway1912.

The problem I have with all black wheels is that the tire and the wheel seem to get lost in the wheel well. Therefore, some sort of break in that all black appeals to me--perhaps a machine face ring on the outside rim.

Then again if the only contrasting finish is close to the hub, the eye is drawn to that, and the effect can be that the wheel looks smaller than it is, negating the visual appeal of the larger wheel.

I would go black with machined lip, and a contrasting set of lug nuts.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I surprised myself by how much I like those polished chrome wheels driven by fenway1912.

The problem I have with all black wheels is that the tire and the wheel seem to get lost in the wheel well. Therefore, some sort of break in that all black appeals to me--perhaps a machine face ring on the outside rim.

Then again if the only contrasting finish is close to the hub, the eye is drawn to that, and the effect can be that the wheel looks smaller than it is, negating the visual appeal of the larger wheel.

I would go black with machined lip, and a contrasting set of lug nuts.
Thanks!

Here's the pre-release Mk3 with polished ST wheels! I was thinking of getting these used from craigslist and getting them polished or chromed to replicate the look.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I am totally confused--not that it takes much...

I got lost where you said "... I was thinking of getting these used from craigslist and getting them polished or chromed to replicate the look.".....AND ??? what wheels are they and where'd you get 'em ?? LOL

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Opies, I'm definitely liking the look of that wheel/tire.

Are they mounted flush ? Kind of hard to tell from the pic.

I don't know how this would affect the intended performance of the tire, because I don't know anything about driving on snow, but would totally rock setting flush or even pushed out a bit.

·
Wit Da Silva Bullit
4,609 Posts
We have the same thought process.... I plastidipped mine black with glossifier to try out. On the silver car. The more and more I look at them... I've decide gunmetal is the way to go.. or machined.. the black does feel played out.. and looking at the pic of ur car u can now see why.. they look almost identical. So thanks for helping me decide.. chrome... maybe for me as well since I do have the sel and it has chrome all over .

·
Wit Da Silva Bullit
4,609 Posts
Got new shoes...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts