Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all!

I am a new member here and soon to be a new 2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback owner.

I've never owned a Ford and am excited!

Here's my build:

2012 5 Door Hatchback
Black
SEL
302a package
Remote Start
Charcoal Black interior

Ordering All weather floor mats

Plan on getting some Black and Machined finished rims for that attractive Black/Silver look! Most likely 18" Moda's.

Does anyone have the sel with 18" wheels?

I am very excited for this new car, it'll be a wonderful upgrade from a 2010 Kia Soul!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
239 Posts
There's a bunch of threads on here about how long people are being quoted vs when they get them. Just search this forum for "ordered".

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a bunch of threads on here about how long people are being quoted vs when they get them. Just search this forum for "ordered".
Thanks!

I did find good info here. Just need those parts now, any ideas?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I wish the fog lamp surrounds were 100% black or I'd go that route too. But it has chrome "accents" which puts me back at square one in regard to getting rid of the chrome on my front grille. I'm thinking about just taking off my chrome ones and spraying them black.

The headlamp assemblies would be big money. Probably in the neighborhood for $400 or $500 each. Probably not worth it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish the fog lamp surrounds were 100% black or I'd go that route too. But it has chrome "accents" which puts me back at square one in regard to getting rid of the chrome on my front grille. I'm thinking about just taking off my chrome ones and spraying them black.

The headlamp assemblies would be big money. Probably in the neighborhood for $400 or $500 each. Probably not worth it.
I may just tint the headlamps myself plus paint the fog lamps as well.

I'm just upset that I put down $500 down for my order and the priority is 80! I'm locked in too.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I may just tint the headlamps myself plus paint the fog lamps as well.

I'm just upset that I put down $500 down for my order and the priority is 80! I'm locked in too.
Priority 80 doesn't mean much. Heck, your dealer may start at 80. A dealer can start and use whatever numbers they want. Not all dealers will start with 10, and many use increments of 2, 5, 10 and so on. It may get a VIN sooner than you expect.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Priority 80 doesn't mean much. Heck, your dealer may start at 80. A dealer can start and use whatever numbers they want. Not all dealers will start with 10, and many use increments of 2, 5, 10 and so on. It may get a VIN sooner than you expect.
Exactly,
Retail orders for that dealer have priority over stock orders as well. It all depends on allocation, region, and Ford.... Make sure that the order con has your name on it and shows retail.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exactly,
Retail orders for that dealer have priority over stock orders as well. It all depends on allocation, region, and Ford.... Make sure that the order con has your name on it and shows retail.
I have my order sheet with exactly what I ordered.

I'll look it over in details. The dealer is smaller so I guess priority number doesn't matter. I'm 2-3 hours from Detroit so maybe that helps!

I've already got the tint boys ready for me, & plan on having rims ordered next week; 18" with black accents. Will look sharp!

I see a lot of people getting these $750 Ford Cash certificates. How do I go about getting one?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just got my Private Cash in the mail yesterday. While it says "Up to $750 Private Cash", that was only on the Fusion. The Fiesta and Focus are at $500.

At least that is what I received.

Oddly, I have yet to see the actual brochure that I sent for. These are available as a download or by mail via the Ford website.

http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/brochures/

·
Registered
239 Posts
I just got my Private Cash in the mail yesterday. While it says "Up to $750 Private Cash", that was only on the Fusion. The Fiesta and Focus are at $500.
How long did it take? I'm on about 4 weeks of waiting now. 99% sure mine said a flat $750 for all 2011-2012 new vehicles excluding the pricy limited production models.

·
Registered
163 Posts
How long did it take? I'm on about 4 weeks of waiting now. 99% sure mine said a flat $750 for all 2011-2012 new vehicles excluding the pricy limited production models.
About a month-and-a-half to two months to finally get it. Perhaps offers vary depending on location.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just ordered my 2012 Blue candy SEL sedan with MFT yesterday and the dealer told me about 10-12 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!! What am I gonna do? I hate the waiting game.. I might just have to go test drive one once a week just to get by.....Anyone else going crazy!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just ordered my 2012 Blue candy SEL sedan with MFT yesterday and the dealer told me about 10-12 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!! What am I gonna do? I hate the waiting game.. I might just have to go test drive one once a week just to get by.....Anyone else going crazy!!!
Do what the rest of us did, search the Internet EVERY DAY for "2012 Ford Focus". [hihi]

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do what the rest of us did, search the Internet EVERY DAY for "2012 Ford Focus". [hihi]
That's what I've been doing & I already have everything I want for the car!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just ordered my 2012 Blue candy SEL sedan with MFT yesterday and the dealer told me about 10-12 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!! What am I gonna do?
Deal with it, just like I have. I'm in my 11th week already, and mine is scheduled to begin production tomorrow. No telling how much longer it will take to ship all the way out here to the Pacific Rim.

Congrats on placing the order though, and for picking the best colour. [hihi]

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I'm glad that the exact model I wanted was in a dealership in state and they shipped it to mine. Should be getting it this week.

4-door SEL in Sterling Grey Metallic w/ 303a package. My salesman worked with me, getting full KBB trade-in value on my Mazdaspeed 3 +$500 on top of that so that he can write sticker price on the sale sheet and still give me the car closer to invoice.

Good enough for me! Cannot wait!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got the Sterling Gray Metallic hatch too with just the base package and a sunroof. Super excited. It is supposed to be here sometime next week... It has been way too long waiting.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts