Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Nice car! I think alot of people were curious to see the blacked out Machs on a black car... way to keep the chrome rings!!! Looks hot!!

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Oh crapo man.....I HAVE to know how you did the HID's like that!!! That is seriously boss! Great looking car but then again all black EAP's are [:D]

·
Team Shocker #2
1,776 Posts
nice job man really clean looking

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
if i had a black svt focus, thats exactly how my image of mine is. Blacked out all around, blacked out HID w/ the chrome rings. Looks sick man, im jealous b/c thats my dream focus right there. But maybe id slap on some black rims with a polished lip.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
thats a nice looking ride

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you do the HIDs like any other lights.. put them in the oven [:)] U have to put these in for extra long because the glue is harder or more heat resistant. Then just tape off the rings if you want. and spray away. There was a detailed writeup on FJ somewhere that shows in detail how to take them apart and paint. Thats what i followed.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
i was wondering if blacked out HID's on a black car would be too much, but now i know. UtahSVT did his first, and being on a red car, they look hawt. and now yours look just as good! in the process of doing your HID's, is there anything you would do differently from what was on FJ? also, are your fogs Laminix'ed? or are they painted? hot car man! also, good camara skillz.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks!

I followed the tutorial on FJ but some stuff was variable. The lights take forever to take apart (which is that hardest part) I don't remember what temp i used but it was close to an hour in the oven. Then just carefully take everything out. Spray lightly. Do many coats. Once you get them apart is is pretty much like spraying any other light. I bought some stockies from a 2000 to practice the spraying. Then when you are sealing them back up just get some silicon sealant,( is what i used) and get a bunch of clamps around 5 per light to make sure it stays in place and the sealer dries nicely. This is a good way to keep the moisture out. If you don't use the clamps the silicon doesn't really work too well.

Clamps like these

The fogs have lamin-x [:)]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts