Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody;

I have an SE hatch with Sport Package.

They are supposed to have chrome interior door pulls.

Well, at least 3 of 4 of mine are chrome.

The passenger-side door-pull is black.

Anyone else have this anomaly?

·
Sonic Crew #016
4,313 Posts
both of my back ones are black but its a sedan.lol

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Mine are all th brushed aluminum the se hatch sport should come with. Cause that doesn't look like chrome

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine are all th brushed aluminum the se hatch sport should come with. Cause that doesn't look like chrome
Well, whatever you may call the material used on the door-pulls on the SE Sport package, it looks like I got the wrong part installed on the front passenger-side. [V]

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm pretty sure you don't get different door pulls with the sport package, because I have it and all of my handles are normal black plastic. The chrome handles come with the SYNC package.

But if you only have 3 chromed handles, than yeah, that's definitely wrong, you should take it in to get the 4th replaced!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I just went into our garage and we have the brushed chrome on all four interior door pulls.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Not the best picture of the door pulls, but you can see how they are supposed to look on SE Sport Package.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I didnt even know there were non black door releases. It has zero to do with the sport package.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
362 Posts
I didnt even know there were non black door releases. It has zero to do with the sport package.
Posted via FF Mobile
Interesting. All the literature I have said it is.

·
Registered
362 Posts
As per Ford site on both Sedan and Hatch:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Rear door pull:

Front door:

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
As per Ford site on both Sedan and Hatch:
I wonder if this is something new. I never saw that when I was looking to get mine. I have a build date of May 15. Quite honestly I'd rather have the black.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Could be. I didn't even think about a new Foci when our 07 was fine prior to hit and run of red light. Ordered mid-July so could be. I honestly could care less what color they are either as long as they match!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Went in to the dealership and they ordered the part today.

Should take about a week to arrive.

I guess what sucks the most about this whole thing is that everybody, and I do mean everybody has been amazed at how cool my car is. And then something as simple and stupid as this comes up.

Oh well, it isn't like it was something major. Kind of embarrassing though.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Mine are all black as well. Also, is the armrest portion of the rear doors supposed to have the metallic finished trim on it like the front doors do?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine are black but whats the deal with the the plastic parts that are painted in gray? Did they cheap out on the metallic finish and took a spray can to it to add accents to the interior?

I would be happier if they were just black...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts