Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Somebody's getting the good sheet...

Enjoy!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha cool thing is I work literally a block away from their distributor warehouse in so cal picked it up from there no fees no tax cuz I bought on line

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have to say that Ford has changed the strut mount and bearing/top hat for the spring for the better

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone fitted the BILSTEIN B14 PSS 47-232952 suspension kit to their FORD FOCUS ST

Following the Mounting Instructions provided with the kit on page page 17 it says to use the OE Rubber Boot.*

The problem is OE Rubber Boot is much larger than the Bilstein Strut.
On the Ford strut is a OE Blue Sleeve that the OE Rubber Boot slides over sealing the shaft.
The Ford OE Blue Sleeve dose not fit the Bilstein Strut.
Dose anyone know if there is a Dust Boot available that fits the Ford OE Strut Mounting Bearing and the Bilstein Strut.
I would appreciated your help / comments on this matter as I don’t want to cause any damage to the front*struts / OE Strut Mounting Bearing with the bottom boot not sealed, I have tried sealing the boot with cable ties but they just slide off.

The OE Rubber Boot is 60cm and the Bilstein Strut is 50cm

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used just the rubber boot itself and zip tied the bottom of it to the area above the threads for the spring perch. No need to do anything with the top of it towards the strut mount/bearing cuz when the strut is compressed it will still seal the top

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hows the ride?
After 30k miles give or take, it's still sublime. Changed out the factory rear sway for steeda's 1"

I would stress tho if you're on coil overs and lowered more than an inch it's highly suggested to also get adjustable sway bar links otherwise the handling will not be optimal.

Quality of the paint and coating is still holding up very well once you clean the dirt and road debris so to speak they still look brand new

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks leemerlord, I have tried using cable ties but they just slide off, the Ford Boot is 60cm and the Bilstein shaft above the threads is 50cm.
I have also written to Bilstein asking if they have a Boot that will fit..
As my Focus is a 2016 i wonder if the Ford strut has changed in size.
Did your origional Ford strut have the blue sleaves that the boot slides over?
Thanks Gary

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks leemerlord, I have tried using cable ties but they just slide off, the Ford Boot is 60cm and the Bilstein shaft above the threads is 50cm.
I have also written to Bilstein asking if they have a Boot that will fit..
As my Focus is a 2016 i wonder if the Ford strut has changed in size.
Did your origional Ford strut have the blue sleaves that the boot slides over?
Thanks Gary
Yes they did

1 - 11 of 11 Posts