Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thoughts on Bilsteins B8's w/ 36mm monotube struts, Koni yellows, Spax ''TA''s= Input, thoughts, idea's lets hear it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Not terribly familiar with the p/n's, but, to the exent that it's HDs, Sports, and Koni's, all I can give is anecdotal evidence that Sports, at least on a 320i with H&R springs, would rattle your fillings loose.

I shall await further responses to try and learn something.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should add in Spax ''TA'' adjustable's & delete the B6 Bilsteins as those are not for use w/ lowering springs.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thoughts on Bilsteins B8's w/ 36mm monotube struts, Koni yellows, Spax ''TA''s= Input, thoughts, idea's lets hear it.
Where are you finding 36mm Bilsteins that fit a Focus?

·
Registered
89 Posts
On Bilstein's website for the 1st gen Focus

Front Left: 35-051411
Front Right: 35-051428
Rear: 24-066662

I know shox.com can get them for you, but they are special order. They have to be made in Germany and then shipped here. Approx. 12 Weeks. At least that is what I was told last time I talked to them.

·
Registered
220 Posts

I know shox.com can get them for you, but they are special order. They have to be made in Germany and then shipped here. Approx. 12 Weeks. At least that is what I was told last time I talked to them.
Hmm, interesting....

Thanks for sharing!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Wow that seems like a hassel to get a set of those Bilstein's.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm surprised to even see those on their website. Good lookin' out. A while ago I went into their store and had them price those out. They had to call HQ to get the price. Maybe they finally put it on their website. Who knows?

Anyway when I looked, it said they would ship December 2nd, which if they can actually do that, isn't too bad. And assuming their policy hasn't changed, they price-match legitimate websites. So instead of paying their price of approx. $640 you could get them to match shox.com's price of $559!

If only they would work with H&R Race springs out the box, I'd be sold.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I called Bilstein and based on what the guy I spoke with said, I would say they wouldn't. However, I have no experience with Bilsteins at all, so take that as you will. They guy didn't sound that informed though.

Could you describe your experiences please?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I talked to a guy named Bill in Mooresville, NC & he said its a 8wk order from Germany for the B8's. $257. for the front struts & $206 for the rear shocks. He also said that the PSS9 c/o's use h&r springs. when I asked about them. Looks like the Bilstein PSS9 coilovers & Koni yeelows are easier to get then the B8's.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Could you describe your experiences please?
Ran 3000GT strut inserts on a 240sx, lowered, with rates higher than the H&R's. It was a little rough on the street but awesome on the track and autocross.

The current Bilsteins I have on my Focus, prior to my ownership, ran H&R rates with the stock valving and it was pretty good as well.

<--Resident Bilstein fanboi

·
Registered
220 Posts
Are the Bilsteins that you are running made for the focus, or are they TeamDFL's old setup, or other?
Yes they are TeamDFL's old setup that was sent to Bilstein and rebuilt. VW Golf Front inserts and E30 Rear's

1 - 15 of 15 Posts