Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently replaced my original shocks on my 2013 focus SE with bilstein B6 "heavy duty" shocks. Well, first I replaced them with koni FSD's (discontinued) and got all the way through the job just to discover they sent me two right side front struts. Luckily returned for a full refund. Then I purchased the Bilsteins, and tried using them with 2013 focus st front springs, Moog p/n 81600. Rock Auto shows them as fitting a 2013 at, but not a 2014 st, so I figure they should be the correct style of spring. Anyhow, when I put those on the front suspension barely compressed. It was like a 3" lift! So, back at it, I swapped those springs for the OEM springs.

Now, curently with these high pressure gas charged bilsteins, the ride height is approx 1" taller f/r than it was before/other focuses. This definitely had a negative effect on handling. Body control is good but grip is down. I would be fine with stock ride height or up to 1" lower. Shod I buy steeda lowering springs? Should lower the car 1"f, 0.8"r according to them. Thinking this probably will result in stock height? Anyone with experience?

·
Registered
2006 ZXW SE, starting its new life as a sleeper
71 Posts
You could always cut the ones with the rate and feel you like (the ST springs). A harder than stock spring is going to bottom out like a cut stock spring.
I loved the shoe test btw.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts