Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
thats a great looking piece, makes me want a 2012 even more.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
one of the only billet pieces ive ever remotely liked

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
I LOVE billet on the right application, but some cars can't pull it off.

This is the right application and it pulls it off NICE in my opinion.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Speak of the devil, I was just talking about how terrible the Focus Electric looks because its grille resembles one of these. Tacky.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To each his own I guess I think this looks really good

·
Registered
524 Posts
Not gonna even entertain the idea of putting this on my car since I like the contrast of black grill and silver body color.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Not gonna even entertain the idea of putting this on my car since I like the contrast of black grill and silver body color.
You say that as if it's impossible to have the billet anodized or powder coated... I would go for the lower grill, because the black plastic is still just that, plastic, but the upper grill I'd leave alone, because I don't want billet around my Ford emblem, that part I think looks tacky.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hey, anythings possible but I actually like the stock look. The fact that it is plastic doesn't bother me either. Isn't the whole front bumper plastic anyway?

I still havn't got my windows tinted yet so that is the next and possibly last mod I will do to this car.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The main issue would be the total loss of the solid front cover for aerodynamics.
And if you live in a Winter climate, it would leave your engine way too cold, in cold weather.
Also with all that totally open, you could see all the stuff behind the grill really easily, and i bet it would look ugly.
It would only work if you had the black plastic backing of the original left in place,
Or made up some.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts