Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have pics of a 2nd gen focus with a roof bike rack? any info would help. tired of scratching my spoiler with my other bike rack.

·
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!
4,184 Posts

Here's one no bike but look of the Yakima rack

·
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!
4,184 Posts
Ha ha homeboy is missing his grille

I was painting it. That pic is almost a year old. The yellow banner is also off.

Rabbit. There are a few. Yours should be the same as mine.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Um class 1 hitch with a 1 1/4 reciever swagman thule or yakima bike rack is what I have
I'm thinking of going this route myself. The problem I worry about roof mount is the extra drag dropping gas mileage which could get real expensive if gas hits $5/gal as predicted this summer, I'm also amazed at all the vehicles driving around with bike/ski racks on the roof yet nothing on them, just drive all year leaving them on. [screwy]

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
LOL my bike got stolen bout 4 months or so ago. I dont roll around with my swagman rack on, you'd get a lot less drag and it's the route to go in my opinion just gotta be carefull backing up also the rack makes you stick out some too because you cant back all the way up plus with the hitch you have trailering options just in case.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I run with a saris bones bike rack. You can position it to contact any part of the car. I got it so I could go from my focus to my convertible to my suv...

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
That Saris solo looks legit. Aslong as it works with my spoiler that's what I'll probably pick up. Thanks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm thinking of going this route myself. The problem I worry about roof mount is the extra drag dropping gas mileage which could get real expensive if gas hits $5/gal as predicted this summer, I'm also amazed at all the vehicles driving around with bike/ski racks on the roof yet nothing on them, just drive all year leaving them on. [screwy]
My thoughts exactly... plus the towing options that badazz talked about.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Guys, I work at a bike shop and I am a dealer of Yakima, Thule, and Saris.

I own a 2008 SES Coupe and I am ordering the Yakima roof rack system. YES, A ROOF RACK FOR A 2 DOOR. Yakima makes a "stretch kit" for 2 doors. I always encourage my customers to get a roof rack system because when you do, you have limitless possibilities -bike, skies, snowboards, boats/kayaks, heck we can make our cars look like they are about to go on a safari or a rally by mounting a roof basket on top with a tire mount. THAT WOULD LOOK SOOOOO COOL!

If you decide to purchase the roof rack and then sell it later, it's all good for the next owner because all they need is their own Q-tower clips for their own car. What that means for you is a bigger return on your investment.

If you guys decide to get a truck mounted bike rack, I recommend either the Yakima Quickback 3, or the Saris Bones 3. Both should fit over the factory spoiler (my Quickback3 fits perfectly. I just get sick of worrying about scratching the paint... whick is why I'm getting the roof rack in the first place)

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
get any good discounts, I have been wanting a good roof rack for a while now. Is there any problems fitting a 29er up there? its a Dimondback Overdrive btw.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If your getting the roof rack system, and want bike mounts get the Frontloader. It can hold bikes ranging in sizes from a little kid's 20" to the big 29er mountain bikes.

Here are some of the pros to this bike mount
-The mount can attach to many SUVs and wagon FACTORY crossbars: easy to sell afterwards
-Mount holds on to the bike's wheels: doesn't damage the frame's paint
-Don't have to remove the front tire
-SKS locks can be used on this rack: rack can't be stolen off of your roof

1 - 20 of 27 Posts