Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
what are the biggest wheels that will fit without scrubbing?
the speedo is out by a few km, but the wheels that are in there now look to be pretty standard so id like to get some bigger ones in there to correct for the speedo being a bit fast.
thanks

w/ my magic bag
Any of the oem 7''x 17'' svt wheels w/ a 215-45x17 tire......

Registered
Like you want to make it a donk?
Otherwise the 17鈥 like said above is probably your best bet. I used a set of five spoke Fiesta wheels in 17鈥 with 215/45R17 Cooper Zeon RS3-G1鈥檚 however the offset was different and the setup wound up rubbing the calipers. I used some 3mm spacers.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
i should have said tallest wheels that will fit D:

i have 194 65 r15 at the moment, with a total height of 635mm or 25"
if i put 215 45 r17, that will make a height of 624mm or 24.6"

im guessing i can go a bit taller but not much

w/ my magic bag
i should have said tallest wheels that will fit D:

i have 194 65 r15 at the moment, with a total height of 635mm or 25"
if i put 215 45 r17, that will make a height of 624mm or 24.6"

im guessing i can go a bit taller but not much
Tallest wheels? Like said above, if you want to make a ''donk'' why not 30'' wheels?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
not sure what a donk is..
like i said in the original post, i need my wheels to be a bit taller to correct for the speedo being out a bit, so even 10% taller is probably gonna be more than enough.
but will they fit without scrubbing? thats why i was asking what are the biggest wheels that will fit?

So mote be it
Try a calculator, just enter your tire sizes into it and it will tell you the speedo and height differences. You are already running a taller than oem tire. Stock size would be 195.60.15 and a 195.65 is 3% taller than that. So technically a 215.45.17 is already smaller than oem in diameter and would also make your speedo read differently than when it came from Ford. For what its worth, most car companies rarely have accurate speedometers.

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=195&aspect=65&diameter=15&wheelwidth=7&offset=50&width2=215&aspect2=45&wheel_size=17&wheel_width=7&offset2=50

You could go up to a 215.50 17 and would probably be fine. I ran a comparable size to that in winter on my lowered focus without any rubbing.

w/ my magic bag
not sure what a donk is..
like i said in the original post, i need my wheels to be a bit taller to correct for the speedo being out a bit, so even 10% taller is probably gonna be more than enough.
but will they fit without scrubbing? thats why i was asking what are the biggest wheels that will fit?
Best to start out w/ 30''s.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts