Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
how 's things new to the forum just thought that I'd drop a line get to know a few people.
Jeremy

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is my first post on here. I am in BC Canada. I bought a bran new 2003 Black Focus sedan at the end of June. My old car of 17 years was rearended and totalled, I liked the look of the Focus from when they first came out so this seemed a good choice, plus I knew I would never find another 81 Zephyr!. I didnt realize the following the Focus has. I am in the snowy part of BC and was wondering how my stock goodyear Eagle all seasons will perform, anyone know?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think you shoud go buy some winter tires I hated my stocks last year in the snow and Ice is the shits. I went and bought the michelin hydro edge last month and so far they are great.

Other than that you will love your focus and yes the after market for the Focus is one of the biggest around.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
you have good year tires on the focus stock? I have only heard of firestones till mid year 2003 and pirellies after that. ( I have the pirellies.. I love them)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, 195 60 15 Goodyear Eagle were stock on my car here in Canada. Thought since the tires only have 5 thousand Kilometers on them that they may be good enough for this winter. Yes I am loving this car, it has awesome power but it isnt getting the fuel mileage it said on the sticker. Noticed on here others say the same thing. Mine is an automatic but was still rated for 30 mpg city and I get 26 almost every time, which is close. On highway it says 39 or 40 i forget but I only got 31, but then hubby was driving and passing everything in sight! these would be Canadian gallons for those in USA. most of the driving is done city, its only had the one highway trip but looking forward to more.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I drove my car only 1 winter on Michelin Pilot Alpines. Fantastic rubber. $750 for the tires and stock steel rims (I have 17" rims for summer rubber, Michelin Pilot Sport).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts