Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had my two 12' subs for about 2 months wen i started noticing that my whole dashboard is getting loose..so i took them out but its still like that...
i guess some of the screws got loose or somthin but now the whole inside of my car vibrates, shakes n makes noises that really bother me..its driving me crazy..
any suggestions of wut i could do?

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
that's strange. i have two 12" inchers and havent run into that

·
Banned
589 Posts
How many watts are you running? I've had 2 12's with 1000 watts for almost 2 years now, the only thing that rattles is the trunk lid.

·
Registered
386 Posts
How many watts are you running? I've had 2 12's with 1000 watts for almost 2 years now, the only thing that rattles is the trunk lid.
My truck lid vibrates with my stock sub.

...Must be running like 2 12" solobarics or something crazy like that lol

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've got a few interior noises that I blame on my subs, but nothing like the whole dash coming loose.
Same, I have a vibration in what sounded like the dash but it went away after awhile. Also I'm running 2 12s and my dash is fine...

·
Registered
963 Posts
You guys have sedans....its a big difference with the hatch. i got alot of vibration also and i runnin 2 12's with only 900w. its the wide open area....its gotta be. you have to have a hatch to notice I guess.

·
Registered
484 Posts
My truck lid vibrates with my stock sub.

...Must be running like 2 12" solobarics or something crazy like that lol
i have 2 12" solobaric L5's and my car is fine.. my rearview mirror has came loose a few times and my back upholstery is coming undone, but no dash problems lol.

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
I am running a 15" solobaric L5 with 1500 watts. To help with the rear, take off the licence plate frame and plate. Stick some glue on felt pads to the licence plate and reinstall it without the frame. I have noticed a lot of interior rattles, but those are from the polyurethane motor mounts and because I am always installing something new. Things get loose, it happens. You will just have to go on a hunt with a torx screw driver to get rid of them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i have a18 treo and it louder than w.e ur using and i only have one vibration and it s so snnoying but turn it up and you dont hear it:)

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
I am running a 15" solobaric L5 with 1500 watts. To help with the rear, take off the licence plate frame and plate. Stick some glue on felt pads to the licence plate and reinstall it without the frame. I have noticed a lot of interior rattles, but those are from the polyurethane motor mounts and because I am always installing something new. Things get loose, it happens. You will just have to go on a hunt with a torx screw driver to get rid of them.
Not knocking your idea, but you can get better sound deadening with a couple of cut layers of Dynamat behind the license plate. I did that with my last two vehicles when I was into dumping money into audio equipment.

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
^^ Yeah I know, but you cant find cheaper. lol I am hoping to do a dynamat system in teh car sometime, but those little felt things were all I had in the garage at the time. But yes, the dynamat would be a better idea. The felt thing is just something to help the problem now.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i do have a hatch..now i took the subs out n the noise is realy annoying still :S
the plate idea is pretty good but the noise comes from the front of the car n the dashboard..for example the ac. vents are vibrating, some parts under my stiring weels n many more little things in my dash board..but lik i said also some parts under the hood are making noises..im not sure wut..i havent messed wit my car too much..just changed the intake a couple of times..n made sure that everything is bak in place..
any help?

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Just turn up your subs to normal and go under your dash and tighten and screws that make noise and zip tie what ever else. There isn't a "for sure" thing to do.

·
Registered
332 Posts
damn i run my 3 12's with a 4000 watt amp and i dont have anything loose. try pulling your dash apart and find a silicone based dampner.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Yeah dude, I don't think the subs *caused* your problem, but probably just made it worse more quickly. I've got 2 12"s and a 1200 watt amp. don't have it turned up too terribly high any longer, but for the first few months i did have the amp pretty high. the dash is still intact, lol. probably just a few select screws already coming loose and the subs just accelerated the fact. i just can't see that little bit of wattage making a tightened dash come loose. so just go find the screws, as painfully slow as it sounds lol

·
Registered
759 Posts
i have a18 treo and it louder than w.e ur using and i only have one vibration and it s so snnoying but turn it up and you dont hear it:)
yeah good idea.. just turn it up louder and ignore it...

do NOT rely on that method. I try and rattle proof my car.. if you hear a rattle try and track it down, if it's something you don't plan on changing out (for a while) use some teflon tape on the screws and put it back it, that'll keep them nice and tight. I like to drive around sometimes with my stereo off just so i can listen to the car and know what's going on, that's how i figured out my EGR tube was cracked.. by listening. Don't get me wrong though, i love the loud music. ou just have to know when to blast it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts