Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
_Celldweller said:
Yumps eh? I suppose the first guy that did it bit his tongue on the landing and tried to say "Man that was a big jump", but instead of "jump" it came out "yump".
[rofl] [rofl]

·
Oh yeah!
2,522 Posts
Carrera26 said:
They say that as long as they land evenly on all 4 tires, it's surprisingly mild and not uncomfortable at all. Land unevenly, and that's a whole different story.

If you watch closely, you can see them gun it right before the launch to bring the nose up and keep it level. If they mistime that, it gets real uncomfortable when the car lands on it's nose... [B)]
Are you sure it's on all fours or a one, two, three, four pattern that allows for the easiest landing?

This is going to be embarrassing to admit, but I know in Monster truck racing they say that landing on all fours is the worst way to land since you immediately receive all the impact. They advise a 1,2,3,4 landing pattern to distribute the impact slower with less strain on all the components.

I can only imagine how fun and scary that would be. Did a non-Finnish driver finally win that rally (I can't remember who won in 2005 sadly), and I haven't kept up with the WRC this year since the loss of coverage?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
^^^That's the way to do it with big unsprung weight and several feet or suspension travel, but WRC cars typically don't have much more than the average street car. All the weight landing on one wheel means that you would run right into Mr. Bumpstop very quickly and very harshly. Possibility for damage and instability ensues...

·
Registered
789 Posts
_Celldweller said:
Yumps eh? I suppose the first guy that did it bit his tongue on the landing and tried to say "Man that was a big jump", but instead of "jump" it came out "yump".

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

21 - 25 of 25 Posts