Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i was searching for some photos on the web and i found this...

dont know wheter it s a repost or not... whatever thats one big jump i think :D

Attachments

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,097 Posts
[repost]

But it is pretty cool

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Scott_SVT said:
That's Awesome!! I feel bad for the car after it lands though...

Don't feel bad for it. It can and will do that over and over again. Yay for "Yumping"!

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I used to have that picture for my background. I love it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Carrera26 said:
Don't feel bad for it. It can and will do that over and over again. Yay for "Yumping"!
I know, but in my head I keep imagining what would happen to a stock focus doing that...

Its amazing what rally cars can handle

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
do you notice the little signs on the side of the road.. and then compare them to the shadow of the car.... So somewhere about the 35 something mark.. probabl meters too.. wow... Hope there's no curves coming up shortly...

·
Registered
351 Posts
regardless of whether it's a repost, i hadn't seen it, and as soon as i opened it i said aloud, "HOLY PISS!"

Carrera26, sure the car might handle it 5 times in a row, but i bet the driver can't. haha. i should've said, "HOLY BACK PAIN!"

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dazada said:
Hey ozan , your avatar is blinding me. That's crazy.
LOL which one? i changed 3-4 avatars in a couple of days... i think u are talking about the Turbo manifold which gone red b/c of High temp... ( the avatar i have now)

anyway thanx [thumb]

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
SVT_CLARITY said:
regardless of whether it's a repost, i hadn't seen it, and as soon as i opened it i said aloud, "HOLY PISS!"

Carrera26, sure the car might handle it 5 times in a row, but i bet the driver can't. haha. i should've said, "HOLY BACK PAIN!"

They say that as long as they land evenly on all 4 tires, it's surprisingly mild and not uncomfortable at all. Land unevenly, and that's a whole different story.

If you watch closely, you can see them gun it right before the launch to bring the nose up and keep it level. If they mistime that, it gets real uncomfortable when the car lands on it's nose... [B)]

·
Registered
755 Posts
I wish we could make our cars Rally spec. That would be the sweetest street car ever. A rally Focus, HA. Imagine, you could go own at the 1/4, then cruise to the nearest auto x, change tires, and OWN. Then change to dirt tires and go for a baha race or something. That would be sweet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is rally Finland. I believe the driver is Marko Martin. The neat thing is these cars are built specifically for those jumps or what the rallyists call yumps, when it comes to running the rally finland. If you do some more research I think you will find that Tommi Makinen holds the record for longest yump on rally finland at something like 65 meters.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
yeah i'd expect the car could handle it , i'm just worried about that front bumper.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yumps eh? I suppose the first guy that did it bit his tongue on the landing and tried to say "Man that was a big jump", but instead of "jump" it came out "yump".

1 - 20 of 25 Posts