Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO the small screen in between the gauges can show the four things it does now...
I usually leave it on the MPG bit as that is the most interestingto me, most of the time.
However I really would like to be able to turn it to a nice digital readout of the MPH/ KPH.
I am used to the tiny but kind of vague speedometer markings.. but really a nice readout you could glance at would be swell.

I understand the horror of having some feature harking back to the bad old days.. But it still would be nice, and certainly if you hate it just watch some OTHER one of the screens..
Anyway My vote for the one thing i most wish my car had..
Goes for This, a digital MPH/KPH readout
(I am gonna buy a ST. And that car has an even smaller less marked gauge for MPH. Almost an after thought. I would like to know the exact MPH.. Funny the cruise control has a nice but small digital MPH readout... So I would like a clear big digital MPH readout.. How trivial a programming challenge could that be for Ford?
Mainly so I will know exactly how fast i was going when the cops bust me for flying instead of driving.....(when I am playing with my new ST)

Ahh more to prevent that..

Anyone else want this feature? [bigcry]

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
If you boot the car in test mode it will hide all the normal screens and if you scroll through the menu you can get a digital speedometer.

Hold down the OK button on the left control pad on the steering wheel before starting the car and hold it until the central display says TEST, scroll through the screens until you see the speed display in MPH and KPH.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Test drove a new Escape, they have a full version of the MPH on its own screen. It was convenient. Didn't have to boot into test mode. I want it on my Focus but definitely don't care too much as its not needed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Me personaly, I don't mind looking at the analog speedometer, I think i would be distracted by the numbers constantly scrolling up and down. On the plus side, the small digital speed indicator for the cruise really helps with long distance commutes and trips.

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'd enjoy it but wouldn't pay for something like that. The in-laws have a Prius and actually one of the nice things about that is the digital speedo. Easier to glance down momentarily than analog.

It baffles me how once something is released, convenience updates are all but forgotten. If everyone's center screens all glitched out, it would be fixed, yet adding a fifth display option for speed (among many other things) just seems out of the question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts