Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow.

A friend of mine from out-of-state was in town to visit his parents for Thanksgiving.

He owns a Zetec. I own a PZEV. Both ZX3's. Both with 5-speeds. Both with 3500 miles on them. No mods.

We rode in mine. He didn't see much of a difference. I got a ride in his and didn't notice much of a difference, either.

Obviously, the only way to be sure of any performace difference was to race, right? Right.

Beat the living crap out of the Zetec. By a good three car lengths. On a 1/16mile drag. Good fun, indeed.

Glad I got the PZEV. No matter what. [8D]

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
To make it more fair, spap, the two of you should have switched cars and tried again just to remove driver influences. However I totally agree that the PZEV should have trounced the Zetec, and did.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, completely. I just didn't see the point as said friend is definitely as good a driver, or better, than I am. Also, he had no qualms about his performance. So, I just left it as it was. Also, I hit the 7000rpm fuel cutoff for the first time, ever. Didn't plan on it and wish I hadn't. Guess I just got carried-away. Sure did smoke the tires through all of first and second, though.

As a side note: When I went to drive the Focus this morning, the gearbox was making a very subtle 'wet-grinding' noise during the first few seconds of motion. By the time I left work, though, it was gone.

Glad I didn't f**k something up.[rolleyes]

·
Registered
829 Posts
cool spapa. whats a 1/16 mile though? im not up on all this terminology. is that 1/16 of a mile? why did you only race so short if thats the case?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that's one-sixteenth of a mile. That's the exact length of the side street that runs along-side my apartment complex. Plenty enough room to get going all-too-fast.[8D]

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
score dude. I've always wanted to try my twilight wonder on a zetec. this gets me wondering... what if we have a FOCUS FANATICS get together. I know alot of us are all around the country but perhaps a state meet or something would be cool. We could all pitch in for a parking lot or something and just be fanatics. It would be great to meet you regulars in person.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts