Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow, besides moving to a new apartment, I'll be installing the CFM underdrive pulley along with the Darkstar pulleys if I find a belt that fits for the water pump, if not I'll install just the udp and the alt pulley. I just hope that the risk I'm going to take is worth it. Do you guys think that I will be able to tell the difference? Anyways, wish me luck[wave]

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
so, its tomorrow. UPDATES OR BAN :D

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
yay for timing loss!

good luck bro

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so, its tomorrow. UPDATES OR BAN :D
1st update: I just gathered all the tools needed for the job. I'll start working on that right now.

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yay for timing loss!

good luck bro
Ok, I had confidence that I could do it right. Now, if something goes wrong I'm going to blame you and you will have to give me your built motor[hihi]

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2nd update: I haven't even pulled the old ones yet and I'm already tired.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
haha nice, well hope it all goes well n u give us how it feels after a god run

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
generally yes

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when you change udps do you have to get a smaller belt also?
The CFM udp comes with a larger than stock water pulley so you don't have to replace the belt, but since I'm trying to instal the lightweight alt and water pump pulleys from darkstar I need a smaller belt.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
the way i understood the CFM kit was the underdrive crank pulley and the larger water pump pulley equal out so the stock belt can stay.

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Engine is gone [V]

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
what??? what did you do??? i did this on my svt and it was just simple ... take it off, put the new one... or i got lucky???...

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
the svt/zetec cranks are keyed... dura's are not. so of course its easy on an svt. lol

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
i think he's just f[:)]cking with us in the fhg way...or he actually pwnd his motor..

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
damn this emotionless keyboard...he could be screwing with us like he does with everything and hes sitting there with a sinister laughter as his car's headlight dim with udp evil....or hes just crying holding his old crank pulley in dispair cursing the FF community
lol after all, we all know we push eachother farther with mods

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, update of the day. I wish I was messing with you guys but I had some trouble yesterday. As of today I haven't finished, let me tell you that this is not a one man job, you at least need an extra pair of experienced hands. Second, changing the crank pulley is a pain in the ass. Is not that easy to take out the old one, I had to remove the tire and axle to have more clearance, space an leverage. I followed CFM's instructions step by step and I thought that I was doing it right, but when I wanted to start the car it just wouldn't. It was really a pain not only in the ass but it felt more like a continuous inverse nut kick all the time it took me to figure out the correct timing. Right now I don't even now if it will start again. When I cranked the car I didn't hear any weird noises like if the valves met pistons at some point, and I cranked it several times until I found the correct timing, so hopefully my engine will still run fine. I'll update as soon as I finish.

·
Registered
872 Posts
What the heck do you mean you cranked the engine until you found the correct timing? This is not a hit or miss proposition here. It's got to be correct plus or minus about a degree. When you put no. 1 piston at TDC on the compression stroke you better make damn sure the camshafts ARE where they are supposed to be before "lighting this thing off"! Crashing pistons and valves together is one thing, but if you ain't bang on, this thing will either not run or it'll run like crap.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
do you not have an impact of some sort? to get the crank pulley off? shouldnt need that much room, but if you had to use a breaker bar, i could see that... hope it goes better.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.