Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i'm freaking out becasue i have just bought a bigger turbo then what i had on and the tune was set for the smaller one the size is not that diffrent, they are both the TD05H just one is a 14b and the new one is the big 16G. I wanted to check out what is the boost set so i tried it out. By the way i just got it out of the shop. So the boost climed up slowly and got up to 1 bar and did not stop climing so as soon as i started to let go of the gas i heird this sound, i don't know if it was the BOV or the turbo. And it was in the morning as i was going to work so i don't remember if the sound came after i let go of the gas or right before it. I looked at my pipes and i have no smoke comming out so i'm like thank god itz not the turbo, but now as the car drives fine the boost metter only goes up to .2 bar and stops climing, but the car does not jurk or there is no oil burning. So what can it be, the boost meter, waste gate, or the turbo. I really need help cuz i don't know if its going to get worst.
Thanks a lot everybody, really need the help.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Do you think the sound you heard may have been a charge air pipe coming off of a connection?

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
^^ Yeah, check all the sleeve connections to see if one popped off or came loose.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i had that before and the car would start stoling or jerking. But the car drives fine and the boost meter stops at the same place everytime.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I can almost promise you that the sound was a charge pipe blowing off somewhere. And that is why you arent seeing any most now. Check all of the charge piping and go from there.

·
Registered
523 Posts
maybe a coupler blew. it may be connected but if there is a hole on it you won't boost.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Vac line couldve pooped too. What is your Vaccum?

To check your pipes, undo the clamps and force the pipes to the end so they wont go anymore and retighten the clamps. Dont just look. If I'm not mistaken, the TDO5H-14B came off a 1st gen DSM (Talon/ Eclipse) the 16G is the upgrade turbo made by Mitsubishi. Off the turbo is a J-Pipe with two bolts. Did you install a gasket or RTV? Check and make sure its not leaking there. It almost sounds like the wastegate could be stuck open too...Im assuming its an integral wastegate (gold cylinder with a rod going to the turbo outlet manifold). You should be able to take the rod and slide it in and out. Make sure its not bound up.

Your boost is going somewhere, thats for sure.

BTW, do you have a blow through MAF? Is the maf before or after the turbo?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i just want to say thanks to all of you guys, we should always help each other out, i have found the problem. The connection fron a pipe to the TB was off after i took a second look, and now my boost meter works and it even stops where my tune is set at, before the boost would go al the way to the 1.5bar which is the max of the meter,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts