Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Ken, and I am in the process of purchasing a 2006 ZX5. I work at a Ford dealership, and I have ordered the big boost kit from Ford Racing/Jackson Racing. Looks like it will make a major improvement. Has anyone here ever installed one of these? What kind of quarter mile time can I expect? Pro's, con's, any input at all would be great.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I was unaware that ford was making a turbo/supercharger for the 05+s...

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
have you ordered the supercharger first?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
dannybohhy said:
That's what I was thinking. If they do this is a first for me hearing about this[dunno]

·
Registered
696 Posts
dannybohhy said:

Thought Focus Sport had a Turbo out for the '06's? Regardless of street legality.

[???:)]

·
Registered
759 Posts
tdkaye1 said:
Thought Focus Sport had a Turbo out for the '06's? Regardless of street legality.

I ment that Jackson racing/ ford racing had/has produce

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just looked in the Ford Racing catalogue, and it doesn't specify a year. Does anybody know what performance stuff I can get for a 2006?

·
Registered
759 Posts
check out focus sport

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks like Focus Sport offers some nice turbo charging/intercooling packages. Again, it doesn't specify what year the application is for, however it does say new. Here's to hoping. I have emailed them, I will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went to www.hi-boost.com looking for a turbo setup, but I could only find Porsche stuff. I'm not an expert at navigating the internet yet, more info would be great. I'm almost thinking of buying a 2004 instead. At least there is some good bolt on stuff. I wish Ford Racing would come out with something for the 2006, as I work at a Ford dealership and get a great deal on parts.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Just be patient. Slowly but surely parts are making their way to the light of day on '05+ Foci. Hell, by the time I can actually afford the FS turbo, it may be CARB legal (highly doubtful). But they did just release the lowering springs and an assortment of other parts for the '06's recently. Have faith. "If you build it, he will come." Oh, wait, wtf.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
BlackNRed01 said:
i would get this(hi-boost) over the fs kit
Could you elaborate why because your opinion is highly regarded here and we need to know your reasoning behind selecting hi-boost over FS.

·
Registered
696 Posts
microtonal said:
Could you elaborate why because your opinion is highly regarded here and we need to know your reasoning behind selecting hi-boost over FS.

Wow, until I realized who you were responding to, I thought you were trying to come off as sarcastic. [:D]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts