Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some good friends of mine work at a locally owned Car Audio / Performance shop, and a few years ago they got JL Audio to sponsor this car to go into shows. All they had to do was buy the car, JL paid for the rest.

I Dug these pics out from my archives and I thought some people here would like it. To be honest, its a NICE looking car, and it DOES haul ass.

and YES. the ZEX is operational, and it WORKS lol VERY well.

And those speakers KICK, 2 JL W7's, put in the year they came out.
The flame vinyl on the hood and fenders glow in the dark too, its pretty bad ass, i forgot to take pictures of that at night.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
DAMN. That looks pretty cool actually..

One Q...

If JL Audio was the sponsor.. was does it say KENWOOD on the dash?

·
Registered
420 Posts
lol, I saw that too

If JL were to sponsor something, I'd think they'd go a little more crazier...yes?

It's looks good....................................

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
well i will give it props for how much work is done to it, and the amount of money he has spent on audio. but that interior is gaudy. i do kinda like the color. reminds me of runts candy. :) and i like the audio set up jls are the shizzzz. but i dont like hondas period and i dont like the way that thing was put together and i wish the body kit was a lil more understated. but not bad and a shiz load of work was put into it though.

^^Jl doesnt make head units so its prolly a kenwood head unit or something.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a long time ago, Ill have to ask him about the kenwood.
But MOST of the equipment and money used for the styling came from JL, I am sure if Big apple was a much bigger business, they might have gotten more money, but its a small Upstate NY business, with not many car shows. but when it DOES go to the shows, it stands out very nicely.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I highly doubt JL sponsered that car....first of all I am a JL dealer and they don't do major sponsorships , second the work on that car is not very good and definitely not the quality that JL could get out of a sponsorship, and third IF JL were to sponsor the car wouldn't you think they would use JL speakers not Diamond Audio for mids and highs.

·
Registered
420 Posts
o0o

SNAP!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FocusdSound said:
I highly doubt JL sponsered that car....first of all I am a JL dealer and they don't do major sponsorships , second the work on that car is not very good and definitely not the quality that JL could get out of a sponsorship, and third IF JL were to sponsor the car wouldn't you think they would use JL speakers not Diamond Audio for mids and highs.
I call it like it is. I never saw the car pre-production, I never saw anyone from JL, I just had 6 guys show me the car, say they got the stuff from JL, and ride in it. I never wanted to start a "OMG NO WAY JL would do that?!?!"

I just wanted to show this car which I think has had alot of work, effort, and styling put into it. Stop finding ways around it and just comment on the CAR ITSELF. Thank you [:D]

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
not too bad....loose the front end, and put on an Si type or stock front with fogs and a lip, and I would drive it........

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
well the car is defnitely well put together, but the color schemes that were used are definitely not my taste.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
That back bumper is the only thing I like on the car, the car looks good but at the same time cheap.

·
Registered
161 Posts
racing a honda is like competing in the special olympics.. even if you win, you're still retarded.

no hate towards disabled person's, but that's a great line ive seen in someone sig.

btw it looks like a green turd. the inside is just stupid, i cant believe someone actually paid money to do that. im with the guys who replied above ^^^.

·
Registered
723 Posts
i dout that jl sponored that car but if they did happy for them dont really like the color of the outside but other than that the car is ok i guess

·
Registered
307 Posts
Sorry, but the ZEX does not appear to be functional to me. This gives me another reason to hate Hondas. Sure, a lot of work went into it, but geeeeeezus christ, why?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
brummy said:
Sorry, but the ZEX does not appear to be functional to me. This gives me another reason to hate Hondas. Sure, a lot of work went into it, but geeeeeezus christ, why?
Yes, it is functional, I was riding with him down 88 and he used it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts