Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, any of you try this tire? Any input? Looking for good snow traction in an all-season. From what I have read, these are pretty good....

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I have them on my Miata. They're are a very stiff walled tire and don't flex much and have a very long lasting tread (read hard). Both these traits aren't always good for snow use.
As far as a snow tire, while they have an aggressive open tread and may be better than most other all season tires, they do not come close to matching my relatively cheap Winterforce snow tires I have for the car.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hi I have them on my focus just for winter they are 15s they arent to bad in snow but they arent to good on Ice but again what tire is good on ice without studs over all they are pretty good for winter but maybe not the best.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so u guys seem to like them. yeah, we never do the snows only up here. i dont need it to be amazing, but i dont want it to be like salami all over the road u know? i used to run a bridgestone hp50, and they were AWESOME. best tire i ever had in snow. but, they dont make them anymore.

how is it going to a 2055516 instead? its a bit taller, so wondering how it would handle and look....

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yeah I like the tires real well but like I said there not the best on ice but the car handles good on dry and or a little snow havent had it in deep snow yet but Im thinkin that might be more of a challenge for the car its self more so than the tires very nice over all tires and they look nice to. the 205/55/16 might work out pretty well because its just one size taller than the stock 16s that come on focuses and even better if you have a large fender gap what are they like an inch in height diff or so.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Try to get ahold of a Tigerpaw Touring in the T Rated, i have them on my focus and they are highly rated up here in North Dakota for snow.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
The BFG traction TA/s are a decent tire. They're directional so make sure whoever mounts the tires puts them on the correct way and whoever rotates only rotates them front to rear. Other than that they are your basic performance all-season tire. Just like the Goodyear RS/a or Firestone Firehawks. Only they're going to last A LOT longer. I'd call them more along the line of a Fuzion or HTR-H4.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, i dont think any tire is good on ice, but my customers used to rave about the bfg. so thats why i am checking that out. any other tires id love to hear about too. yeah, the 2055516s seem to be much cheaper overall.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Well your stock size has a diameter of 24.07" and the size you want has a diameter of 24.87". Your car will likely feel a bit slower off the line because of this bigger diameter and your speedo will be off by around 2MPH. So when you are going 60 you will actually be going around 58. Just some FYI.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is that really true?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I had some on a v6 mustang and they just wouldn't hook up. I hated them. Felt safe in the rain, but there's never any ice or snow here.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
Well your stock size has a diameter of 24.07" and the size you want has a diameter of 24.87". Your car will likely feel a bit slower off the line because of this bigger diameter and your speedo will be off by around 2MPH. So when you are going 60 you will actually be going around 58. Just some FYI.
Just letting you know this is wrong you are going faster then what your speedo is saying with these. If your speedo says you are going 60 you would doing 62 mph. I know thats what my car is running.

Looking at that quote I think I might be reading it wrong.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've had them, didn't think too much of them in the snow or rain.

For a BFG high performance all season, these seem to perform better in all phases, but I haven't yet had them in deep snow.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+Super+Sport+A%2FS&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=055WR6GFAS&fromCompare1=yes&place=3

nice man, thanks...i am checking that one out now too. looks like it may have more emphasis on the snow aspect. anyone have experience with the g-force by bfg?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
I have those tires. The g-force super sport a/s. Great tire. Never driven in the snow yet so I dunno about that. Dry traction is great as well as the handling aspect of the tire. Responsive and crisp. Wet traction leaves something to be desired though. A bit disappointing in that aspect. Treadwear has been good and I can't get them to hydroplane no matter how hard I try.

So honestly if you aren't drag racing or going around corners like a bat outta hell in the rain, you should love the tire.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the bfg super sport a/s on my Mustang.It has not snowed yet. But in dry or rain they seem worth the money so far. I also have the Fuzion hri on the Focus. They seem noisey to me. They seem to have less dry traction then the stock goodyears. It will snow in less than a month. I almost got the kumho asx for the Focus. Some guy has them on his mustang and he seemed to like them. I might get those next time for the Focus.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well, see, i still have some tread...not at the treadwear bars yet...i havent used my depth gauge yet, but i believe it to b3 about 5/32 to 6/32nds left. so, that is good for now, i am just looking for either next spring, or, if we get a lot of snow, and i find myself sliding everywhere. so, i am doing the research now.
so u guys have these things. they really tout their snow traction. thats what i am hoping is good. how is their ride as far as noise?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
lol I wouldn't know about noise... with everything I have taken out of my car its so loud now.... I can't even hear the tires anymore.. lol

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 48 Posts