Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BF Goodrich G force Sports don't stink then

These tires are not good on wet roads at all....the OEM tires that came on my STVF where alot better in the wet. I can break them loose from 1st gear up to 3rd and have to take it alot eazier in corners as well...dang...was a poor choice in a tire. Have not had the chance to test these tires on the dry yet...hope they grip good.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
dude, just chill. all tires need at least 500 miles to break in. you did notice a bit of "grease" all over the tires when you got them. this is the lube that makes it easier to remove them from the tire mold during manufacturing. it takes a bit to get the lube off the tires. another reason is that these tires are summer tires and not all season. all seasons will handle the rain a bit more. and one last thing; new tires will not quite feel like your old ones simply cuz you will experience tread squirm. this is the acual tread bars moving as you take turns.
give these tires a chance, you opinion may change in a few weeks.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
They have carried a great rating at work. Youre the first ive heard that complained about these tires. We sell alot of them. Hes right, give them a chance and see.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I have had no problems with the BFG's on my 16's. Heck, I'm even getting a set of them for my 17's. I think they handle excellent on wet roads.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
release agent....something I know about from motorcycle tires...use contact cleaner to take some of it off before riding....thank you for the replies..just got to me a little while out driving and feeling the front end slide a little....only been on the car for a week now

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Cool then, try them out for awhile and let us know if it gets better

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I love them!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Has been awhile since I have owned a car worthy of a performance tire...so I did not really have to deal with the break in...we will see how it goes over the next few weeks..thanks guys[thumb]

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
BFG Sports are a great tire from what I've heard from several solid sources. [thumb]

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
They handle great on dry and have great tread-life. However, their performance during rain, or a damp patch of road during the twisties aint the best.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
the T/A KDW's (new tread design) are excellent tires for dry and wet. i've had them since i got my 17's, and i cant say enough about them! but i do hear a lot of people sayin good things about the sports, too

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
I got BFG G force sports, and the first 200 miles or so, they totally sucked, but the first layer wore off and those things stick to the road real nicely. I love mine.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Yeah, I have about 1500 miles on my BFG sports, they have only gotten better. Havent really had rain much in Tampa in a while so I cannot comment on that as of yet.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
The KDWs are different altogether, they are supposed to be dry and wet tires. The Sports are just summer tires. I just put my second set on and when the first set was well worn down ("J" hooks were gone), they were still plowing through the rain without a problem. And we had some serious rain around here a few weeks ago (tornadoes around Nashville). I was really suprised. I think they are great tires, especially for the money. I got four shipped on the internet for under $400.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Here's what Tirerack's test results showed for g-force sport...notice the wet portion of the test. This was on a rear wheel drive vehicle so not exactly apples to apples. g-force sport test results

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Foci_Fosho said:
They handle great on dry and have great tread-life. However, their performance during rain, or a damp patch of road during the twisties aint the best.
I never had a problem[dunno]

Also they flat spot pretty bad if you slam on your brakes to miss hitting a deer at 65 MPH. Hehe.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I put Metzler M1's (fondly referred to as "Sticky-Ickies" by our crew) on my motorcycle. I slid the backend in corners for a good couple of weeks until I burned through all that crap they put on.

After that, it was like riding with super glue on the tires. So...yeah, the oil they put on can be really slick for a while.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I've got a summer of driving, to include autocross and trips to the drag strip on my BFG Sports. I'm impressed with these tires.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
ZX3_Chick said:
I never had a problem[dunno]

Also they flat spot pretty bad if you slam on your brakes to miss hitting a deer at 65 MPH. Hehe.
That's why I have ABS.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I love my bfg's. I made sure to do a nice burnout right after getting it put on. I think I might actually hook at the track with these!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts