Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to warn everybody on this board, about my dealings with him. I bought a FS chrome rear stress bar from him. I did not have any problem getting the bar from him, but he was not forthcoming with the condition. I do have to take part of the blame, since I assumed that the bar was in good shape. When I received that bar from UPS it was package very well, but when I opened the package I discovered that the bar was scratched all over and it also had black paint on each end of the bar. I pm'ed him asking about the condition, and he said that there should not be any scratches on it, and that the black paint was supposed to be removed before it was shipped. He also said that it was in great condition when it was shipped (attempting to blame UPS). I then PM'ed again saying that the bar was packaged to well to be scratched during shipping. I told him that if he did not try to resolve the situation I would file a claim with UPS and have them investigate the situation, as well as letting him know the since I was a Deputy Sheriff that I would follow through with this out of principle. His reply was that I was being a d**k since I was the Police. He also said that he knew that it was package well since he was the one who did it. HE then said that if I wanted show quality I should have bought a new one, and that it was not broken and does work. Well I would like to point out a few things, first of all he said that someone else was suppose to remove the paint before they packaged the bar, but then he said he packaged it. So, he has to be lying one way or the other. He also said the bar was in great shape, then he said if I wanted show quality I should have bought a new one. Please take my warning into consideration before dealing with him. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Thanks for listening

Matt

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
hey matt. im sorry this is going to be off topic but, i see that u live in chesapeake va. and u said that u r a deputy sheriff. my mom works at the sheriffs office and she is also a deputy sherriff and i was wondering if u knew her at all. her name is rhoda brock. she works in processing. she processes all the inmates.

but back to ur post. sorry about it and hope u get it all worked out.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Members are advised to purchase or sell at their own risk. that is what it says in the market place section, and u took the risk of buying a second hand part.

·
Registered
951 Posts
You buy at your own risk, BUT, you would hope the other party would at least be forthcoming and honest about the product they are selling.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree with BIGBADWORM. It should also be a rule that you post pictures of the items you are selling so that everyone can decide to buy it or not OR you can go to UPS do a COD then check out the item before handing out the money to the UPS guy. Those are the couple of things I know to protect yourself. Hopefully this could help for future buyers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do also agree that I was partly at fault, since I trusted llama. I just want to make sure this does not happen to someone else when dealing with him. I want you guys/girls to learn from my mistake. Just lookin out for others.

Matt

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
matt knows his responsibility. as much as i feel for him, i really dont like these kind of threads but if i were in his position i would have posted it also.

anyway, sorry to hear matt. my best advice, sand her down and paint it till she sparkles. lol i wouldnt put much hope into ups though

hey hotfocus. hit up the mod forum in a minute and check my reply in the newest thread from tom.

·
Registered
515 Posts
You can't see the mod forum. It's kind of like a secret society. There are several other forums that only moderators can see... like the one where naughty threads go, into the great beyond, never to been seen again, except by moderators of course.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
haha i have a bunch of them saved when i was up lte at night and saw them, and well knew they wouldnt last long

·
Registered
8 Posts
You should have asked for pictures before you purchased. He gave for a $100 bar for $35 - thats practically giving you the thing.

I spoke with Johnathan about this over the weekend. He said pretty much the same you had to say. If you don't want the bar, I'll buy the damn thing. It will take me all of 5 minutes with some paint thinner to remove the spray paint and 30 minutes to polish it back to new.

Any why even intimidate him? You're a sherriff - great, but that has absolutely nothing to do with this situation at all. You know the only reason you mentioned it was an attempt to scare him - why abuse you're power?

This whole situation is your problem. You said he was never forthcoming about the condition, well its your responsibility as a buyer to ask that if its important. All he did was send you a bar you asked for - he didn't try to trick you or cheat you out of your money because you never asked about the condition in the first place.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Mr. Lowballer Llama has no rebuttal for these comments?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Actually the rear stress bar is only about $50-$60 no?

And I agree that unless the bar was extremely scratched and scuffed and just down right f*cked then you don't have much to complain about. If it works and all it needs is a little prep work then live with it. Although yes maybe Llama did stretch the truth a bit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Eggyolk,

I think you are missing the point. I was the first to admit that I should have done things differently. My problem is that he never said anything about the blemishes, which a honest person would have. Then he tried to blame it on other things like UPS and someone that was supposed to clean the bar up. After he made those statements he changes his story. You didn't get to see the PM's that we exchanged, so you only have what he told you. As far as trying to intimadate him, that is crazy. If had a way to post the PM's I would, and I wish that you could see what was actually said on both parts. As far as the bar is concerned I will call it a $45 lesson, and leave it at that. I simply want to let people know that llama is dishonest and a liar, and to be cautious when dealing with him. I would also like to point out that he has not tried to deny anything I have said. If a moderator wants to check the validity of my story I will give him my password to check it out. I have no reason to lie about any of this, now do I?

·
Registered
892 Posts
SVT if your dis-satisified with Llama and dont want to do business with him, then dont. You made your point to be wary when dealing with him.

I dont think its right to continue to attack his character on this board.

Caveat emptor

·
Registered
951 Posts
Llama is around, he could always try and clear his name since it's now mud when it comes to business dealings, and all SVT was doing was replying to an attack.

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
damn, i knoew nothing of this! all i was told was that it was received and was scratched all to hell. it has very FEW small scratches on it that can be buffed out easily and the paint will come off with acetone. i told him that and he wanted none of it. it IS a 75 dollar bar, plus 10 shipping, so i sold him an 85 dollar bar for 45 shipped. it workes fine! i was never asked if it was scratched. all that happened was a little thing called buyers remorse, i get it all the time from ebay, i buy stuff and don't want it later. i told him i would take it back and split shipping as he would pay to ship it back but he wanted a full refund PLUS i pay his side of shipping. i was never aske about shipping so i said no. then he said he was a sherrif and he could **** with my liscens or somthing and how he was a cop and had ways of getting his way so i said the hell with him and never talked to him again. i am going to read the rest of the replies now and then post again. also, thanks to team cfl for posting a link so i could come and tell me end of the story as i was never told there was a thread and to eggyolk for sticking up for me while i was gone.

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
I think you are missing the point. :no, he's not. as a matter of fact, he is trying to help you by buying it!

I was the first to admit that I should have done things differently. :Then get over it!

My problem is that he never said anything about the blemishes :You never asked and they aren't deep, just small surface scratches.

which a honest person would have. :small and didn't think it mattered as you never asked.

Then he tried to blame it on other things like UPS :i never said they scratched the bar, i had a friend at ups once and they don't take things out of the packaging and scratch them up and repack them.....promise.

and someone that was supposed to clean the bar up. :it's just spray paint, not rust. and it was misted, not painted. it was in the back of my car when i painted other stuff, all it is is overspray, not a coat of paint!

After he made those statements he changes his story. :i never changed anything.

You didn't get to see the PM's that we exchanged, : like the one with all of your threats!?!

so you only have what he told you. :eek:r what you told them!

As far as trying to intimadate him, that is crazy. :yes, a cop has never abused his power......right. [rolleyes]

and I wish that you could see what was actually said on both parts. : me too!

As far as the bar is concerned I will call it a $45 lesson, : i call it a deal!

and leave it at that. : then leave it at that and quite trying to destroy my reputation on here! i have sold over 20 different things to over 20 different people for way less than i paid and have yet to hear any real problems until yours.

I simply want to let people know that llama is dishonest : i did nothing dishonest.

and a liar :what did i lie about? i was never asked anything and then lied about it.

and to be cautious when dealing with him. : we all need to be cautious on the internet, you know, they are assholes out there like you.

I would also like to point out that he has not tried to deny anything I have said. :because i didn't know this thread was here,

If a moderator wants to check the validity of my story I will give him my password to check it out. :and i am sure you never deleted any of the pm's that help my case.

I have no reason to lie about any of this, now do I? :well then neither do i.[?|]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts