Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Better Throttle Response and Quick HP

3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  GonFishin 
#1 ·
I was wondering what yall think is cheap and good for the money What is good for Throttle Response and easy HP here is what I have so far

(tell me what yall think about these items and if or if not they break warranty)

Underdrive pully http://focussport.com/udp.htm

Off Road Pipe http://www.focus-central.com/catalog/details.asp?cid=2&sid=&pid=26

AEM CAI (can't find where to buy it for the cheapest any of yall know?)

New Throttle Body http://www.focus-central.com/catalog/details.asp?cid=1&sid=&pid=86

Cam Gears http://focussport.com/gears.htm

New Headers (can't find any good ones anyone know of any?)

#2 ·
Just get all of 'em, you'll have great throttle response and more 'easy' HP.
According to FC their TB will correct the lack of throttle response the Foci comes with. Can anyone agree or dispell this rumor? If it's true, I would put that as the best bang for the buck.

#3 ·
Honestly i think that all the products will have pretty much equal effect on the car....go with whatever is cheapest then work your way up. If possible try to get more than one mod at a time that compliment each other.

for instance:
if you get the intake try to do the TB at the same time
exhaust+headers+off road pipe

saves time on installs also

#5 ·
This is a basic list of some of the mods im looking at also looking at a strut bar for handling and blue brake caliper paint

#7 ·
Go with the off road pipe and the cam gear...that way you can adjust your exhaust timing and gain even more power. Then add the AEM intake later. Some people will tell you that an underdrive pulley will harm your engine, some say it doesn't....hell if I know, don't have one yet....I'm looking at the lightened pulley from unorthodox racing...but it's kinda expensive. Throttle body would be icing on the cake in my opinion. As for headers, there aren't any for the SVT right now, at least that I know of, marcymotorsports.com is working on one...but the SVT header is already a tuned long tube header, with beautiful bends and nice material so you may not even need/want to replace it. Just my .02 cents, enjoy your car man!

#8 ·
Thanks for all the info I want all of these mods in the near future when I have enough $$ so its just a matter of time Im just figuring out exactly what i should get

#11 ·
Don't hate it just looks cool and I think it would be a nice touch its not like im getting dragon decals you arse

#13 ·
I think some of the responses your getting are from people who aren't taking into consideration that you have the svtf. I wouldn't touch the headers they are already high performance units designed by cosworth. The reason there are no aftermarket headers for the svtf is because no one is able to improve upon the existing headers. In my opinion if you want some cheap hp go for the intake and off road pipe first.

Oh ya, I painted my calipers red and they look sooo much better [thumb]

#18 ·
I started with a AEM cai,then 2.1/2 magnaflow cat back to balance out the breathing,then changed the much needed lower engine mount to a VF mount ,no more 2nd and third gear bangs form under the hood and just rescent bolted an ORP.Waiting for the next test and tune at the local track to see the gains.
-And yes the factory header is plenty no need to waste your $

#19 ·
I'd say get the intake and offroad pipe, the ORP gives you the best hp gains but without exhaust on i dunno how it would sound...probably like a lawnmower. So....get a borla like me baby.

Seb...you get that job you were talking about yet?

#20 ·
Nah I'm still trying 2 get one I've been applying but Im gonna go out and apply for alot of jobs as soon as I get my car back from the shop (its got abuncha crap messed up from my accident)

#21 ·
those grounding wire kits supposidly add to the cars responsiveness...check out the thread discussing it. There are a couple good information links in that thread if you're interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.