Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone has gotten a pretty good setup on their xcal2? Meaning spark degree for all ranges, WOT a/f mixture, etc...What would be the best possible numbers to set these parameters at??? All i have is an exhaust, intake, and 65mm TB if that helps. Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
C'mon there has to be someone....

·
Registered
367 Posts
FocusFreak87 said:
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone has gotten a pretty good setup on their xcal2? Meaning spark degree for all ranges, WOT a/f mixture, etc...What would be the best possible numbers to set these parameters at??? All i have is an exhaust, intake, and 65mm TB if that helps. Thanks for the help guys
I would also like to here an answer for this as my car has pretty much the same performance mods. Short ram intake, 65mm TB and 2.25 exhaust.

FocusFreak do you notice when you turn on your AC your car is completely gutless? I put the AC on for the first time today and wow I think I lost 20 HP!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm with you on the air conditioner thing, but at least it kicks off if you get on the gas a little. Blows warm air in your face, though.

As for the tune question, I would also like to know who is considered the best tune vendor for lightly modded Foci. Odd no one is responding to this good post.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
woo count me in for this thread as well..I wanna get a tune after I get my header and I want to know who does the best tunes!

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
I don't know who offers the best tunes out there because it's expensive to go comparing one vendor's tunes to another's. I only have the standard tunes offered by SCT- no custom tunes- so I couldn't be any help with that either.

As far as what I've noticed with different timing- I noticed a tad more power with -2 Deg timing in the first two ranges, and 0 on the 4k-8k range. Now the difference isn't going to blow your mind. For me, I noticed that I went from steady light gas pedal pressure to maintain 45 mph in 5th to intermittent light pressure to maintain the same speed after the timing change. I could also shift into taller gears at lower rpm with less bogging.

Try it, if you don't like it, change it back. You'll need to let the ECU completely re-map itself before you know what it's going to do all the time. It usually took my car about 2 weeks of driving to figure something out- like when I re-timed my cams.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
I don't understand why the ECU doesn't re-map itself instantly...if it's electronic it should have that stuff figured out at the speed of light...right?

So the SCT Xcal2 comes preset with a couple of tunes..right? And if I decide to go custom tune do I just erase the "standard" tunes from the Xcal2 and have hypnotic illusions (or whoever i decide to go with) program it for my car based on the numbers found on the door and the mods I have? And then they mail it to me and I follow the simple instructions?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well, who did you buy it from? Pep Boys?

And what is the difference in these "octane" tunes? Significant gains if you wanna buy more expensive gas?

·
Registered
464 Posts
yea the AC SUCKS POWER out of your engine. it almost has no balls with it on. the power of AC!! haha "luckily" i dont have it. so yea next time you race dont have the AC on okie dokie? youll be fast as lightning!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts