Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I'm really in need of help! My Ford Focus (2008 1.8 petrol titanium) was written off the day after I filled the petrol tank! I'd love to get the full tank out, and I have a manual siphon pump. However I'm really struggling having tried:
  • From the filler but couldn't get anything, I'm assuming there's a anti-siphon filter in the way? I can access the filler line thanks to the damage to the car, however I'm not sure if there's a safe way I can make a hole. Even if I make a hole I don't know where the anti-siphon filter is within the filler, or where the petrol is sitting so it doesn't pour out!
  • Via fuel line leaving the top of the fuel pump from under the passenger seats. It looks like I've snapped the top line off and tried to siphon from that, but no luck?
  1. Any help would be appreciated! I have pictures to help explain but I can't post them ATM

·
Registered
15,725 Posts
Seat off and a battery where the seat bottom used to be. Tap battery into the positive wire feeding pump and ground the battery with other wire and pump the fuel out the plastic line to filter which puts your battery far enough away to not start a fire. Both back doors open for venting. It pumps a full tank completely empty in 5-10 minutes. Don't be silly and blow yourself up. Have enough containers to move the fuel away safely.

I drained mine as the car would sit for awhile with ethanol in tank while waiting for maintenance and that will kill the fuel pump left long enough.

Did the same to a Tempo the scrapyard came and got, the tank was full and even though the fuel was pretty old it still had value, I used it all in lawn mower, they burn anything. I kept the rad coolant, oil and trans fluid as well, they were all used on something else as they were fairly new. Close to $40 out of thin air.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! How do I work out which pipe is from the fuel tank and which goes to the engine? Also, I managed to break the pipe that goes into the top of the fuel pump which looks like it’s the only one accessible from under the seats. Where does the pipe go from and to?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts