Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats everyones opinion on the best way to remove one of them tough friggin dealership stickers w/o messin up the paint.. i wanna see if theres a better way then what im gonna try

·
Registered
990 Posts
removal

first warm it up thoroughly with a hair dryer. peel it off and then use a gentle cleanser to remove the glue.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
You can try the debadging mod. There is a how-to on this website.
I used some kind of adhesive remover to take off the FOCUS and the ZX3 and it came right off.

Or you could have done what I did and tell them NOT to put it on. But I see it's too late. LOL.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i suppose ill have to wait a while, hair dryers probably won't do much in the snow or extreme cold.. i've owned this car 3 days now, and can't see what it does cause i haven't found a dry road [?|]

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
ahhhhhh, well if it is baked on then go adn scratch it of with a scotch pad. easy though!

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
what type of sticker is it? vinyl, metalic, the real cheap kind, plastic?

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Is it the vinyl type of sticker or a decal? If it's the vinyl it should peel right off once you get it warm. If it's the decal type you going to need something else, the debadging how to won't work. They have a product for removing bumper stickers from cars but you might want to test it on a spot out of sight to make sure it won't harm the paint. Or you may want to ask at the auto parts store they may have an idea or know of a product, surely you're not the only one in this world who wanted to remove the ugly dealer sticker ( you may even ask at a dealership to see what they use to remove them).

Whichever, once it's gone you'll want to put on a good coat of wax to clean and protect it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Put Goo-Gone along the egde of a credit card and slide it slowly under the edge of the emblem/sticker/decal, slowly moving credit card back and forth while pushing the card, til it comes up. Or just do it how we did at the dealership, slide fishing line under it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
WD-40 works well to remove the adhesive. If it is a sticker heat it up and peel. If you don't have any luck there, there is a pad made for a buffer just for the purpose of removing decals.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I was waiting for someone to say goo gone and I really thought that I was goign to get all the way to the bottom and not see it.. phew.. thanks focusonthis! Yeah, I found that goo gone worked real well.. give it a shot.. nothing to lose.

·
Registered
793 Posts
goo gone works sometimes, give it a try

·
Registered
321 Posts
wd-40 won't hurt the paint. Just wash it off after you get the sticker off as it leaves a water repellent coating behind.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts